A few bucks to spare need advice!

• Members

I got a new amp that cost me less than I tought and now I got a few bucks to spare (Between 300 and 400$). I bought a use Single Rectifier + 4x12 Mesa Cab. I'm looking at some pedals and effect that could improve my sound. I don't use many effects like phaser, delay etc or anythuing that change my sound but I just want it to get better. I play 95% with my distotrion sound (Lots of punk rock like Strung Out, NoFx, Nufan + Metallica, that kind of sound).

Some say that BBE maximizer sounds good and some say it sounds like {censored}, I just want some advice from people that tried lots of stuff. Maybe a compressor, or an EQ, or an OD pedal over my rectifier, some say it helps sustain and gives a bigger sound. By the way I'm also looking for a tuner for my live setting, any good pedal that doesn't affect the soud or should I go with Korg DTR-1000 or the older DTR-1 would be ok!

Thanks

• Members

Tuner, the black out just came out recently. Might want to give it a shot. Its small and True bypassd.

compressor - keeley 2 knob?

eq ? don't really see the need your mesa has a huge range of eq able situations.

Od pedal, you have a clean and a dirty channel. So i'm assuming you want light od. I'd suggest boss od3 or sd1 for the lower mid gain stuff.

Archived