Will Putting a 22 Fret Neck on My Guitar With 21 Frets Screw it Up?

NetStar

• Members

LOL! nope, yes!! ^^^

it's really more about the scale isn't it? 12th fret to bridge 12th fret to nut should be the same.

I've never done it, but I can't imagine it would move the 12th fret so far out of position that you wouldn't be able to adjust the bridge to compensate?

• Members

probably...

the crucial thing is that frets 1 to 21 stay in the same place, so it depends on the construction of fret 22...

i'll steal some images from warmoth..

22fret_sideview.jpg

ignore the figures, but that's the kind of thing you need, see how fret 22 overhangs the neck pocket...

• Members

probably...

the crucial thing is that frets 1 to 21 stay in the same place, so it depends on the construction of fret 22...

i'll steal some images from warmoth..

22fret_sideview.jpg

ignore the figures, but that's the kind of thing you need, see how fret 22 overhangs the neck pocket...

+1

• Members

Warmoth should have a neck that will drop right into place with a little adjustment for the intonation. (assuming yours is a Fender MIM tele) However, If you buy from them be prepared to spend another $150 to have the frets dressed and polished.

I have a 22 fret Warmoth on my MIM Strat and it is a big improvement. I got stainless steel frets which make bends effortless.

Archived