Trying to hook PodXTlive to record into computer

Lump

• Members

I'm trying to hook my new computer(xp) up to my Pod XT live to record via the USB. When I have a track set up to record I do get a signal in, and it will record, but I can't hear it while it is recording(or just playing without recording.

I've gone to the control panel and set sound recording device to the pod. When I click volume button it gives me the following error. "There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click on Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware."

I don't have a "Printers and Other hardware" option. I have a

"Printer and Faxes" which as an add printer option, but not an add hardware option. I'm just sort of lost, does anybody have any ideas? Am I missing a program or something?

• Members

I believe so. I went into the Line 6/tools/audio midi devices and it shows driver version 3.3.5.5. I do see something that says ASIO settings and it lists the ASIO client as none. I've no clue what that means. I don't see how I can change that.

• Members

I'm using a 1.0a version of Sonic Foundry Vegas. It's odd that I just can't seem to get it to play through speakers even without Vegas being on. Just sort of playing with music.

If I'm in vegas I can see a signal is registering, and I can record it and hear it in playback, just not live. I figure I have something switched wrong someplace but can't figure out what.

• Members

And that used to work on my old computer also, but it doesn't work on this one either. I've tried every option in the sound and audio tabs. It won't play the music into the pod, or the pod into the computer(to be played out through the speakers). I'm at a loss. I keep thinking that error message means I'm missing some sort of internal mixer device or something.

• Members

I just plug the output of the PODxt into the Mic input on the PC so I can hear it through the PC speakers.

+1 The difference in sound quality isn't that big when you compare USB input to Mic input.

• Members

I do use USB at the same time, but the Mic input is how I get to hear it in real time. I did once set my PC up so that I could hear the USB input but there was more latency so I changed to using the Mic input. If I record, I would setup the recording software so the PODxt "soundcard" is the source, and then mix the guitar track in afterwards.

• Members
I do use USB at the same time, but the Mic input is how I get to hear it in real time. I did once set my PC up so that I could hear the USB input but there was more latency so I changed to using the Mic input. If I record, I would setup the recording software so the PODxt "soundcard" is the source, and then mix the guitar track in afterwards.

Aha gotcha!
I used to record through mic input. And it didn't sound really good.
Then I recorded with USB input. And it didn't sound really good either.

Now I record with an 8-track. It's easy and sounds amazing... There's a price tag though :(

• Members

Now I record with an 8-track. It's easy and sounds amazing... There's a price tag though
:(

I only use it for messing around really (and when the kids are in bed so I can play quietly/silently). I don't write and record my own music so 99% of the time I'm just adding the guitar parts to backing tracks, or making better backing tracks by adding additional guitar.

• Members

I only use it for messing around really (and when the kids are in bed so I can play quietly/silently). I don't write and record my own music so 99% of the time I'm just adding the guitar parts to backing tracks, or making better backing tracks by adding additional guitar.

I kind of freak out with computer programs. There's always something wrong, or something you can't explain about it. I'm fond of stuff that is dedicated towards one or multiple similar functions.

But in the end, it's all about finding the appropriate means for the appropriate results.

Archived