NPD: EHX Content

• Members

So I picked up a Little Big Muff today -

IMG_1272.jpg

It sounds great and I like it. Definitely a keeper for now. ;) Not much volume on it IMO, I have to run the volume full as I like to have it driving my amp a little.

Anyway, I have a little question to ask about this, I plan to daisy chain it with my Boss MD-2 and I noticed that it says in the manual for the LBM that it needs an adapter that's capable of handling 100ma. I'm guessing that the LBM doesn't draw 100ma, right? I should be able to use my Boss PSA, which has a rating of 200ma on it, with this and my Boss MD-2 comfortably, shouldn't I?

• Members

To be honest, I don't find there to be much of a difference tonally between this and the Skreddy Top Fuel. The Top Fuel is more mid rangey and the tone knob is more versatile, but I find the two fuzz sounds to be very similiar. Oh, the Skreddy cleans up better when you roll back the guitar's volume, but that's about it.....

• Members

I have one too, and I like the sound a lot. But whenever I turn the volume or sustain up, I get a lot of noise. When I play it without any other pedals bypassed, it goes away.

Is this because of the other pedals that are being bypassed? Rat, Headrush, SMMH and Moog. Or is this because of the power supply? It is daisy chained.

• Members

OK I tried to record some clips but they sound terrible. I have to get a microphone or some kind of a field recorder.

Well, after playing with the LBM for a few hours I have come to the conclusion that, while it does bear similiarities to the Top Fuel, that it doesn't sound as much like it as I had thought. The LBM is less articulate on full chords and the Top Fuel has a better quality sound to it, if you understand. However, I am not suggesting that the LBM has a cheap sound, quite the opposite infact, but it just doesn't match up to the quality of the Skreddy.

• Members

The LBM was too bassy & wooly IMO.

I preferred, and still do, the full-size USA version. Seems to be more versitile and 'clearer' sounding.

yeah that's the only thing that makes me want to get a LBM, my USA bigmuff is way too clear, not enough wooly muff sounds for that classic Big Muff sound, it's a little too polite if you ask me.

Archived