Sub Decay Liquid Sunshine stacks really well

Axe_34

• Members

Had the Liquid Sunshine for about a week now. It stacks really well with the Super Chili Picoso.

LP > SCP (one o'clock, fat setting) > Liquid Sunshine (both gain knobs at about noon, volume at noon) > Tweed Deluxe clone set to clean

First two bits are on the bridge (volume at 3) > then a single note run at seven on the bridge volume > then a double-stop riff on the bridge > then a chord progression rolling the volume off then back up > then the same chord progression through the neck and then both pickups

I had to adjust the bass and treble internal switches on the Liquid Sunshine -- it seemed a tad dark for my Bare Knuckle Mules. It's nice now and it plays well with the tele. Very nice pedal. And I've been through a whack of OD's including an OD-808, Bad Monkey, Boss SD-1, OCD v.4 and a Crunch Box (more distortion than OD, I know).

I'm sure Robogimp will be along shortly to tell us how much it sucks. :rolleyes:

http://www.bmuze.com/cgi-bin/pmuze/index.pl?action=play::upload/Axe_34/5562910_Axe_34&title=LS&artist=Axe_34&trackId=4960

• Members

The LS stacks really well with my Mellowtone boost. I run the boost before it and it's always on - sounds absolutely phenomenal on the clean channel. It's not as impressive on the dirty channel, though - just gets overgainy and fuzzy, but that's probably because I am running it through a Mesa hi-gain distortion, after all. All in all, I'm really impressed with it, and it's my fave OD out of the several I've tried before settling on this one as a keeper.

Archived