MI Audio Pedals! Im Amazed!

TimCz

• Members

I went to my local music store (well, my fav in bris) Billy Hyde and they are stocking a new australian made brand of pedals by a company called MI Audio. They have a varity of OD's, fuzz, etc.. but there was only 2 pedals left there - the fuzz and the boost.

Took a listen to a boost pedal through a blues jr and i was blown away! The boost sounds better than any boost ive used prev and was only 139 AUD! It gives you something like 12db of clean boost up to 12 oclock - then acts like a treble booster pedal past that. So obviously i had to buy it...

Their blues boy and i cant remember the other OD pedal are similar to the tubescreamer and aparently are even better than the maxon ts.

Also heard they are manuf a boutique amp head which is 4 channel, completely midi controllable, power adjustable with each channel designed after other amps. I think they were jcm800, fender bassman, a dual recto and something else i cant remember. Cant wait to hear it.

Check out the web and get a listen to anything if you can - i strongly reccomend these - best value for money.

http://miaudio.com/

Im hoping they get a blues boy in stock soon so i can give it a listen - im gassin for a new OD.

• Members
I went to my local music store (well, my fav in bris) Billy Hyde and they are stocking a new australian made brand of pedals by a company called MI Audio. They have a varity of OD's, fuzz, etc.. but there was only 2 pedals left there - the fuzz and the boost.

MI Audio have been around for a while now... :thu:

• Members
Yup. They are pretty much the only boutique builder in Aus afaik.

www.ulbricksound.com

fantastic amps and pedals. i was using the 12axe, megalodon and tube zone quite contently for a very long time.

we have/had a few others, but dave and mike would be the two main guys doing pedals down under

tim @ tymguitars does some good fuzzes in the shin-ei mould.
dubtronics was sort of like our keeley until daz shut up shop
we have another company who make a trem and overdrive. i cant think of the name.
im not sure if crowther is a aussie or new zealand operation. im pretty sure paul crowther is from NZ though

and sadly we used to have prophecysound, who pumped out some very cool and left of centre effects.

• Members

I was able to meet Michael Ibrahim when he came to the USA a couple of years ago. He was a little surprised at how difficult it was to get music stores to sell his product. It is good to know that MI Audio is receiving the acclaim it deserves. His products are top notch. Great guy too. Gotta lose that Aussie accent though.:mad:

:p

TGIH!:evil:

Archived