digitech synth-wah...what say you?

• Members
I love playing with it but absolutely no use live (yet)
;)

Band mates say it sounds too 80s cheesey but I think it's cool, especially with my SMMH.

Yeah, my bandmates call it the alien invasion box, especially when I randomly turn it on in a song with a completely different feel

• Members

I had one for awhile. It was fun, but not very usable for the music I play. That's not to say it's not usable. Just not for me.

I found that most of the sounds I liked got drown out while playing with the band. It's worth the ~40 they go for used. Personally, if I wanted a filtered sound again, I'd go with a Microsynth. (Which I also owned at one point. Great unit.)

• Members

Love mine. If it is set for a subtle effect it can really perform in a lot of different situations. Too many people try to use it at its extreme in a band and it just doesn't work really well for that. Recording - it's amazing. Mike Stone of Queensryche has one in his stage pedal set up.

• Members

If you're interested, you should definitely pick one up. You can find one for like $40. I really like it. Lots of fun for the money, and I'm sure it will get even more fun when my looper gets here.

Archived