Should I give up being a pedal maker?

• Members

So I have a byoc Tube Screamer from like 2 or 3 years ago. I never got it to work unless it was in bypass mode :thu:

I'm thinking about spending tomorrow trying to figure out why it won't work.

My long term goals in life are to make lots and lots of guitar pedals.

:idea:

• Members

Welcome to the electronics hobby!
Its not unusual to have to do a lot of debugging - it's not ncommon for debugging to take longer than initial assembly when something goes wrong (and something will go wrong)

As to the debugging, Are yo understanding the nature of the circuit? (do you understand what it's doing in an electronic sense)

Perhaps starting with a simler project or two (bypass switchboxes, passive tone controls, etc) will help get you rolling

• Members
i dunno i would change my long term goal to something on the lines of being rich. :poke:

I'm agreeing with this guy....not only because he is a LOST fan (greeeeeeeeat show) but because his name is very close to name (although spelled very wrong haha :thu:)

• Members

Perhaps starting with a simler project or two (bypass switchboxes, passive tone controls, etc) will help get you rolling

Yeah see I think starting a lot simpler would have been a great idea. I want to know what parts clip the signal into waves or squares, how the signal is converted and processed, and then how it gets shot out into the amp. Unfortunately all I really know to learn from is the byoc stuff.

I might get a fuzz clone soon and try my hand at that one. :idea:

• Members
:freak:

I got something along the lines that it has to diminish from 9v to 0v and the resisters can only knock the signal down 3k each.

It's not the circuit design that's wrong. The voltage measurements indicate that something is broken. What is it? :confused:

• Members

I hear ya.. I rehoused my MI Audio Blues Pro and its not working either.. Its one of those things you just gotta sit down with a volt meter and figure out what the F is wrong with it..

Dont give up yet!

no offence intended, but why one earth would you want to re-house a MI audio pedal? they are tiny!!

• Members

I picked it up off of ebay, it was all beat up etc.. I had an extra enclosure and some time on my hands so i did it..

I wouldnt have done it otherwise!

IMG_0453.jpg

no offence intended, but why one earth would you want to re-house a MI audio pedal? they are tiny!!

Archived