Big Muff Diode Switch Mod

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok, stupid question time.

I'm thinking of taking the 1st pair of diodes out of my muff, I've never modded any pedals before.

Will i need to bridge the gap where the diodes were? or do I just leave the empty holes?
I'm guessing leave it empty?

• Members
ok, stupid question time.

I'm thinking of taking the 1st pair of diodes out of my muff, I've never modded any pedals before.

Will i need to bridge the gap where the diodes were? or do I just leave the empty holes?

I'm guessing
leave it empty
?

correct. :thu:

• Members

wow, very cool mod echodeluxe. Think you could put together a complete how-to for it. Sounds like something cool to do once im out of school.(dear god, only 8 more days.)

im sure i could. its kinda intensive, but i dont think a walk through would be too hard.

f you understand how clipping stages with diodes work, and how to wire up a two pole switch, it should be cake.

• Members

I'm not a fan of the no-diodes mod. You lose all the muffiness and you're left with something that is done much better by other circuits.

yeah okay you missed my whole thing about installing all these different diodes with switches. did you read the rest of the thread?

• Members

yeah okay you missed my whole thing about installing all these different diodes with switches. did you read the rest of the thread?

Woah, call off the dogs. I followed the whole thread and I dig the rotary switch mod.

I'm about finished with the muff circuit I've been working on for the past couple months and I also went through all the diode variations. I'm just saying a diode-less muff is not my cup of tea.

Archived