Best Distortion pedal under $100/

Elazul

• Members

Hi guys.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good distortion pedal for under 100 bucks? I want something pretty versitile, but I don't play death metal so I don't really need anything too extreme or sludgy. I was thinking about the Digitech x-series Hot Rod, can anyone suggest anything better?

Thanks.

• Members

Hi guys.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good distortion pedal for under 100 bucks? I want something pretty versitile, but I don't play death metal so I don't really need anything too extreme or sludgy. I was thinking about the Digitech x-series Hot Rod, can anyone suggest anything better?

Thanks.

you are going to get lots of suggestions for the RAT and i agree with that too.

personally i would stay away from things like the hot rod. jack of all trades master of none.

• Members

Buy 'iloveyouman' s blues pro or 'loobster' s GI fuzz, both excellent pedals and they are both bargains, see last page of UK spam sticky at the top, both are excellent trusted people to deal with, I'd put my neck on the line for either.

the blues pro can get into marshall amp crunch sounds and the GI fuzz is a very versatile fuzz.

• Members

Yeah, I just listed dollars as a point of comparison for americans.

The MI Crunch Box sounds amazing but it's a little over budget.

its not very much over budget though and judging by the love that it gets around here it would be well worth saving for just a little longer.

• Members

Buy 'iloveyouman' s blues pro or 'loobster' s GI fuzz, both excellent pedals and they are both bargains, see last page of UK spam sticky at the top, both are excellent trusted people to deal with, I'd put my neck on the line for either.

I was just checking out the MI audio site and I was very impressed with the GI Fuzz pedal so I made loobster an offer on the one he's selling. If he accepts than that will be within my budget and it does sound excelent.

• Members

Hate to sound like a loop pedal but +1 on the Crunch Box.

On a side note, I got my Tube Zone for around $100 on eBay and it was as close to new as I could have gotten. I can't say you'll score one at that price but they are VERY versatile.

• Members

Yeah I've heard from others in the UK that you get MI Audio stuff for cheep. Buy a Tube Zone

we don't get them cheap, we just get them for a fair price the same as everyone else...unlike most USA made pedals where we just get scammed. :mad:

• Members

Hi guys.

Thanks.

anything is better then the hot rod:wave:

+1 on the mi tubezone

BUT ITS OVER 100.00 anything new will be over that price

• Members

we don't get them cheap, we just get them for a fair price the same as everyone else...unlike most USA made pedals where we just get scammed.
:mad:

Damn straight! Most Seymour Duncan pedals are twice as much over here as they are in the US.

Archived