got my DMM xo (pics inside)

t_e_l_e

• Members

here is the huge box it came with:

IMG_8565.JPG

in the box i found a smaller box and put one the big one:

IMG_8566.JPG

note the gummy bears (something to eat after i have tried it:D)

IMG_8567.JPG

again small vs big box, the seller ment it really good that my DMM xo arrives really save

IMG_8568.JPG

and in the small box:

IMG_8569.JPG

and heres a view when i finally took it out:

IMG_8570.JPG

so now i need to go testdriving. can't do clips until i'm in our rehearsal room and i never did clips before and i suck.

maybe i make one,, but don't be mad at me if not, i will post a review

• Members

first report:

sound like the dmm but smaller :)

the chr/vib knob is as i suspected in an other thread a switch and not a pot

first downside: the feedback knob has until 1 o'clock just one repeat, after that many (too much) and at 3 o'clock it already self oscillates

can this be trimmed with one of the trimpots, if so with which one?

megaplus: the repeats are much clearer as with my sad-1, also when overdriven or with fuzz you can hear the repeats, where the the sad-1 just sustains the sound.

need to play more and with my real amp and test it in band situation.

the chorus/vibrato stuff could make funny sounds when the depth is turned up pretty high, need more to experiment

• Members

They got what part wrong?
:confused:

One of the classic DMM complaints is not having a speed adjustment, just the chrs/vib switch. When pics first popped up I thought they had made the switch into a speed knob so you could have more control over the modulation.

Its not something I really care about, as my DMM isn't going anywhere and I leave it in the CHRS setting all the time and love it, but I know a lot of people would like more control over the speed settings and it seems it would have been easy to do it with this revision. Maybe its a lot more complicated than I think it is or something.

• Members

thanks for your first thoughts. we wait on more. do you have the 'usual' DMM to compare to?

i don't personally mind having no control over the chorus/vibrato speed, but it would have been a great addition to this pedal.. would have made this a real seller imho

• Members

megaplus: the repeats are much clearer as with my sad-1, also when overdriven or with fuzz you can hear the repeats, where the the sad-1 just sustains the sound.

this interests me hugely! I also have an sad-1 which has nice clarity to it. I love my DMM but the "clearest" you can get it still sounds like someone put a blanket over the amp. personally I'd be all over this if it was genuinely clearer than the older DMMs...

Archived