Felted Signal Processing FTW !

bieke

• Members
never mind, my felt just shriveled...

Disagree, she's a cutie. Not a great angle on her face in that picture and not a great expression, but she's definitely a cute one, made cuter by her quirky brain :thu:

What's next, a glove that's wired up as a Fuzz Face with pots instead of resistors (like a Fuzz Factory)? That would be badass, guitar sound changes as you manipulate your hand. Make it so that when you give the middle finger it's back to a thick and distinct, high gain fuzz sound. :cool:

• Members

that's another superb idea
I'm sure I've seen something like it before but all I can find right away is this Lego prototype

Photo6_glove.jpg

"The Musical Gloves are successful and they work ! The gloves have four bending sensors on the fingers that can sense the movement of the fingers. We have limited the movement of the fingers to three states, relaxed, bent, and stretched. When the fingers are bent and the sensors detect a particular state then a particular note is played. "

Photo10_choir.jpg

• Members
projectbox.jpg

Each fingertip is covered with several layers of conductive fabric. Signals from each finger are passed through a snap (so that the wires can be removed for washing) and via RJ-45 cables to a project box that contains the electronics.
The project box accepts signals from both gloves and supplies a ground connection.

Archived