meep two

• Members

hm, so im prototyping tonight and i guess im just happy because ive gotten it all to work. takes the dod 440 clone, and beyond jsut envelope it also adds a fixed setting (via pot), an expression pedal so you can use it was a wah of sorts, and lfo/modulation making it into a moving filter, sort of like a faux phaser, a la EHX worm. still have to box the mess up though :p

• Members

So... will the one feature you mentioned be like a phaser except filtering effect? In other words, would a rate be able to be set and it would move up and down the range of filter settings?

sounds like the AW-2 but is it as an envelope filter sweeping rather than a wah?

the AW-2 is great at doing this but really needs a dry/wet too! will this incldue a depth knob too.. and freq range? :poke:

def interested either way. auto-sweeping phaser-like filter is a great sound (there's a clip of the AW-2 doing it in my sig)

• Members

sounds like the AW-2 but is it as an envelope filter sweeping rather than a wah?

the AW-2 is great at doing this but really needs a dry/wet too! will this incldue a depth knob too.. and freq range? :poke:

def interested either way. auto-sweeping phaser-like filter is a great sound (there's a clip of the AW-2 doing it in my sig)

this is a dumb question... what is the difference between a filter and a wah?

• Members

this is a dumb question... what is the difference between a filter and a wah?

not sure of the technical definition, but i always think of a filter as being like a wah and an envelope filter being one that opens and closes depending on the level of signal it receives. in simple terms..

• Members

not sure of the technical definition, but i always think of a filter as being like a wah and an envelope filter being one that opens and closes depending on the level of signal it receives. in simple terms..

Gotcha... I guess I should rephrase my question. What would be the difference between the feature discussed and a wah besides how it is receiving the range information?

Archived