Boss CE-1 Like Pedal

Mandooks

• Members

I have a Boss CE-1 and am looking for a pedal that does this sound in a compact housing without the tone suck. Any suggestions? I know the voodoo labs analog chorus is based on this pedal but I haven't been able to test one out.

• Members

I have a Voodoo Analog Chorus, it's not a perfect CE-1 clone but it does sound good. It has a slight volume increase, but I dropped a "not-parasite" in there to fix that.

IMHO they sound nothing alike. I A/B'd an original & the VL back in 2003; the difference was night & day. I didn't think it was a bad chorus, but it reminded me of the CS9s nasel eq'ing & narrow parameter widths.

• Members

That Retro-Sonic looks cool. I was just looking for the chorus but if I can get both the chorus and vibrato, that's even better. What kind of issues did you have with yours?

hmm poor quality input jack. sound would cut out randomly; moving the input cable in the jack pitpointed me towards this. the LED would also only work intermittently.

• Members

I've had my Retro-Sonic chorus for over a year now and have had no issues of any kind with it. Sounds perfect for me, no tone suck, and very quiet. I also had a very good experience dealing with Retro-Sonic. I had some questions and all of my e-mails were answered quickly and fully. I haven't even thought about another chorus pedal since plugging this one in!

Archived