Type of Dimarzio Pickups in The Edge's Les Paul Custom

• Members

if he put them in way back when he started playing that guitar then there is a good chance that one of them is a super distortion. thats the pickup that i think of when i think classic dimarzio.

Loads of players put super distortions in their les pauls in the 70's and 80's. I believe it was their only offering for some time.

• Members

Loads of players put super distortions in their les pauls in the 70's and 80's. I believe it was their only offering for some time.

this is true. they also had thier PAF pickup. the two were often sold as sets. PAF for the neck and super distortion for the bridge.

• Members

Many thanks for the responses gents. Anyone have first hand experience with either the paf or the super distortion in a les paul? I have a recent model standard which I believe is loaded with burstbuckers which I'm not totally in love with in all situations, and I'm thinking about possibly giving something like this a spin.

• Members

I have a Super Distortion but it's in a Strat, sorry.

As far a pickups in a Les Paul, I played one of the new Slash Siggy Gibsons today and those are some of the sweetest pickups I have ever heard!! I think they are Duncan but I'm not sure:)

• Members

those old dimarzios don't get a lot of talk these days because they are not the cool thing anymore. but they have been around for a long time and still continue to sell. thats got to be worth something. i know that i wouldn't really have any problem tossing a set in a guitar of mine. at least i know they would perform well, even if they were not my exact taste after a while they would definitly do thier job well.

i had a super distortion in a strat a long time ago. it was loud and rude and an all around great rock pickup. it didn't sound that great clean but that definitly was not the point of it either.

Archived