OT: RHCP to take a "break"

• Members

What's wrong with kiedis? I think it's time they took a break, as long as they get back together later on. They need to refocus after Stadium.

just my opinion...

I dont like his vocal.... well I did once.... back in 1993/4

• Members

To be honest, guys, I think that everything they've done after One Hot Minute is kind of boring and samey sounding. I really love everything before that period though, actually One Hot Minute is my favourite RHCP album. Dave Navarro is great :-)

• Members

Dave Navarro really didn't work out with the chili peppers. Frusciante's early stuff was the best. I agree that the old stuff sounds a lot better than Stadium, but there were some great songs on Californication and By the Way (I'm thinking of Parallel Universe, Around the World, Throw Away your Television, etc) even if they varied in style from the earlier funk rock stuff.

• Members

I guess you can only write so many songs about California before you have to take a breather.

This line gets old. Californication was about California. Dani California was not. They have no other songs about California (except in songs where they mention a bunch of places, like All around the world)

• Members
Wouldn't you rather be positive and say "I hope that bloody {censored}er gets vocal lessons during this year"?

:thu:

its just not an option, they've been together for over 20 years. If he was ever gonna get vocal lessons, he would have gotten them by now. In fact I'm pretty sure he probably has had vocal lessons, he's just too musically handicapped to let them sink in.

Archived