KOT-Found something at a thrift store today

• Members

I was making my usual trip around the local thrift stores today and stumbled across something I couldn't pass up...an old Univox U-305R amp. They were asking $100, which I thought was a bit high till I looked a bit closer and saw it had an old Jensen 15-inch speaker and a bunch of old RCA and Mullard tubes in it, which I could sell and easily get my $100 back. I plugged it in to see if it would at least turn on, and it did, but one of the power tubes is red plating pretty fierce right now. It does make some sound, though, so I should be able to fix it up. It has reverb and tremolo, and they're supposed to sound "swampy", which makes me think it'll have a good CCR sound. Awesome. I'll crack it open this weekend and see if there are any leaky caps that need to be replaced and hopefully get it running properly pretty soon.

IM001139.jpg

IM001140.jpg

IM001141.jpg

• Members

man, apparently thrift stores outside of NY are the places to hit up.

the only remotely good thing i've seen so far was an old casio E. Piano inside of a Mannys Music roadcase for 200.99 - the roadcase was the only good aspect of that deal.

• Members

another thing... at least with my univox. You can jump one channel into another and get a big gain boost. Mine gets great old school breakup when cranked. So mess around with different combinations and you might find a golden nugget of tone.

• Members

another thing... at least with my univox. You can jump one channel into another and get a big gain boost. Mine gets great old school breakup when cranked. So mess around with different combinations and you might find a golden nugget of tone.

I think this is the first time I've read something useful by Robopimp. Maybe I'm just not paying attention. . .

Archived