Yet another TIMEFACTOR thread! (midi content within)

• Members

I'm thinking about exploring the darkside. And by darkside I'm referring to MIDI. I've been playing around w/ an Adrenalinn III recently and I want to see if I could get it to synch w/ the tempo set by my Timefactor. It would be nice to simply tap tempo on the TF and have that immediatly control the tempo for sequenced effects in the Roger Linn pedal. Anybody ever explore the midi capabilities of either pedal? Is it possible to have one pedal control presets in the other pedal? Considering that the Adrenalinn has 200 presets I'd much prefer if presets in that pedal were called up when I selected delays in the TF. I can't imagine trying to scroll through that many presets with two buttons on stage.

After playing several gigs w/ the timefactor over the last couple months I think that pedal has become my desert island pedal. I haven't spent nearly enough time exploring it's full capabilities.

• Members

I've currently got my Adrenalinn III set up as a master and the Timefactor as a slave and it's amazing. If I want to change the tempo on the Adrenalinn I just dial it in and it changes on the Timefactor as well. I haven't explored program changes with the two as I find midi to be a bit of a headache sometimes. I record these two into my RC 50 which acts as a master for my Korg ES-1 sampler/drum machine. A great combo.

• Members

TechBrother, as awdwon said you can change tempo using the TF to receive midi clock. You cannot use it to send midi clock though. Program changes are easy enough to do as well. You just go into RCV Map in the system menu, go to the preset, press left footswitch to go into Learn Mode, press the button on your midi controller that will change the to the patch and the TF will change automatically when that command is received. (All this from the manual).

Archived