NPD: Oh no!.. Just had the fuzz-addiction epiphany..

gambit

• Members

i've never given fuzz much of a chance. had a russian big muff, fender blender, have a little big muff now, but always preferred the cleaner tighter sounds of amp distortion. but i just got a seymour duncan tweak fuzz off Loobster..

and now there's a whole other world of fuzz that seems to be opening in front of me like a big gaping err.. chasm.. i really shouldn't peer any closer. too many fuzzes, too many variations, too much time and money i'd throw into researching and buying. but still it beckons me near.. :eek:

anyway. the tweak fuzz doesn't sound great going into a clean channel, but it rips going into a full-on distortion channel. big cascading, crumbling gain tearing at the speaker cone to jump out the amp.. just what i've been after for a long time. so silicon fuzzes are apparently what i like.. :idk: :poke:

what are germanium fuzzes like in comparison?

muffs seems smooth and 'round' sounding, the tweak fuzz (silicon) sounds like a rabid dog gnarling at you.. so germanium = ?

anyway.. i don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole of the world of fuzz. it would almost inevitably result in me sucking off this guy for some crack:

poverty_homeless_french_man_shopping_tro

• Members

Uh oh. Great fuzz pedals will do that--blow your mind and leave you wanting a whole board of fuzzes.

Have you looked at the huge lineup of flavors from Devi Ever? :love:
Like a brewry with all sorts of flavors of coffee.

I just got a Devi US fuzz, which has a gate on it that opens and closes with a velcro-ripping sound...when it's open, it's crazy good. It rips open when you start playing...then you stop playing, and it "rips" silent again. Awesome.

• Members

IMO the Tweak Fuzz is more like a fuzzy distortion pedal. Because of the tweak switch it gives you voicings that the majority of fuzz pedals don't so just be careful that you don't rush into buying anything expensive and end up disappointed.

Archived