boss sd1 apreciation thread

inabox

• Members

so who loves the SD1:love::love:, modded or not, is such a great pedal, i have been rocking mine for 5 years and it sounds so great, plus it works great with fuzzes in front (specially the FF, it adds some extra mojo/balls)

• Members

Love the SD1! :love:

I've had mine (unmodded) since the early 80's and it has always been my go-to overdrive. I've been using a ZIM recently, but still love the Boss.

I've considered buying another one used and sending it to Analogman for modding. Anyone have any experience with the A.man SD1 mods?

• Members

mine has been on and off of my board for years. every time i try to substitute something for it or do without it in general i end up going back. i've thought of trying other overdrives but it just works so well for me that i have yet to bother.

• Members
Love the SD1!
:love:

I've had mine (unmodded) since the early 80's and it has always been my go-to overdrive. I've been using a ZIM recently, but still love the Boss.

I've considered buying another one used and sending it to Analogman for modding. Anyone have any experience with the A.man SD1 mods?

I have the SD-1/808 Mod and it's great! I'm not sure what it's like stock but AnalogMan makes this thing sound so warm - I love it. And his customer service is second to none.

If you have the cash and can wait a week I'd say go for it.

I use mine for low-mid dirt and for boosting my already overdriven SS Fender Stage 112SE amp. It works well to give my solos more sustain and "hang time."

• Members

love my un-modded sd-1...every time I buy a new dirt pedal the sd-1 seems to get removed from my board only to find its way back...this is an awesome low to mid gain pedal and I use mine alot...im about to order an mi audio blues boy deluxe so the sd-1 is in danger again LOL

Archived