new amp day (reverberocket!)

friction

• Members

I had previously been poking around the idea of picking up something like a Pro Jr. for a little amp to drag around, but this had gotten my attention on a local Craigslist posting. I'd been in contact with the seller on and off for a bit, and he offered me a great price so I jumped on it. It's bigger than what I'd been looking for, but I definitely made the right choice. It's a phenomenal sounding amp...it needs a good clean-up but I couldn't be happier that I got this instead of a Pro/Blues Jr./whatever else. Couple quick pics..

rocket.jpg

rocketpanel.jpg

• Members

Not as cool as a vintage one. But still. Hella win! Congrats.

I secretly want a Reverb Rocket for my collection
:)

I can't complain. I'm kinda glad it's a RI just so I don't have to get it recapped :) It's seriously an awesome amp though at any rate.

• Members

I can't complain. I'm kinda glad it's a RI just so I don't have to get it recapped
:)
It's seriously an awesome amp though at any rate.

Very true. Vintage would be specifically for the "vintage appeal"

I hear they sound very similar in tone.. Congrats and rawk out sir!

• Members

I hear the vintage Reverb Rockets are just to die for.

But if you are happy with that then I am happy for you buddy.

But just to let you know, Ampeg amps are kind of addicting...

DSC02022.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

My wallet =
:cry:

Nice stuff man! I would've never thought to seriously seek them out if it hadn't popped up on Craigslist, as I've never had a chance to try one out before. I still can't get over the gain channel on it, I would have never thought it would have so much gain on tap... sounds incredible. great cleans also. Like I was saying, I was looking out for something small in the vein of a Pro Jr. or something like that, but I got this for less than what used PJR's go for. I'm quite happy to say the least :)

Archived