SMMWH record button mod?

Faldoe

• Members

I'd suspect it to be a pretty tough mod.

It should be pressed for 2 seconds I thought, for the pedal to know that it's busy recording a loop for you. Otherwise it's tap tempo...

I really don't know if you can mod this easily... It's digital :(

• Members

either that or completelly replace the tap stomp switch with a SPDT, DPDT or 3PDT stomp. but if you do that tap wont work anymore.

Would it be possible to replace the tap switch with a 3PDT switch for recording, and also add an extra jack for tap tempo via a tt box?

• Members

Would it be possible to replace the tap switch with a 3PDT switch for recording, and also add an extra jack for tap tempo via a tt box?

It's possible yeah, but you dont need a 3PDT (though it would work). waste of money. DPDT or even SPDT/SPST if you can find em. as long as it's non-momentary. then wire a mono jack in paralel with the newly-installed DPDT and plug a tap pedal in that.

• Members

It's possible yeah, but you dont need a 3PDT (though it would work). waste of money. DPDT or even SPDT/SPST if you can find em. as long as it's non-momentary. then wire a mono jack in paralel with the newly-installed DPDT and plug a tap pedal in that.

Awesome! That sounds like it'll be my next project once I've finished this byoc rat, though I may wait until after the warranty expires - theres no need to go prematurely voiding (sp.?) it now is there. :cop:

• Members

Once I get my SMMWH I'll take some pics, could you help me out with this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

cloudscapes,

with your mod, do you toggle the switch up and down with your hands to start and end loops? i guess i dont get how you use your mod to the looper - you said toggle on to simulate foot press, and toggle switch off to simulate foot lift...

sorry, something is lost in translation for me :confused:

Archived