Best and worst purchases of 2008 (So far)

DanJep

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good buys.

I was also torn between Tascam and Fostex... They're pretty similar price/quality wise...

The reason why I went for the fostex is the possibility of recording 4 inputs on independent tracks simultaneously... (More possibilities for drum recording)

yeah, that Sonoran is amazing for the money, plus it has a maple strat neck so it doesn't feel wierd to an electric player.

yeah, I think I would have been happy with either 8-track to be honest, they are both excellent.

• Members

Best:

Maple Neck for my Stratocaster
'89 Turbo Rat I bought from forumite, Jjegg
Big Muff, USA (custom modded by RonSound)
Boss DD-3
Boss DD-7

Worst:

To protect the innocent I will not name the bad items that I purchased, traded, or returned this year.

• Members

Best:

Maple Neck for my Stratocaster

'89 Turbo Rat I bought from forumite, Jjegg

Big Muff, USA (custom modded by RonSound)

Boss DD-3

Boss DD-7

Worst:

To protect the innocent I will not name the bad items that I purchased, traded, or returned this year.

Old Turbo Rats are the {censored}. I think I might start hoarding them

• Members

Best: Epiphone Valve Junior Combo - For $100 new, this is a great bedroom amp.

Worst: Boss AC-3 - I wanted something that would let me do acoustic intros for otherwise non-acoustic songs; it sounds ok, but the slightest movement of my guitar causes it to pop like crazy.

Everyone who has bought more than one item should have a worst. Worst doesn't necessarily mean bad, just the least best (if you can decide).

• Members

Worst:

Zoom 505 II

Alesis GuitarFX

Bought both of these within a short time from each other. Was trying to get a nasty digital decimator type of sound. In the end, I ended up getting just a nasty sound. Kinda knew what I was getting into with the Zoom, and didn't expect too much. But I was hoping that the GuitarFX would be along the lines of the Ineko. I now have a sneaking suspicion that it is an updated Zoom pedal.

Anyway, if your looking for that digital decimator sound, the Ineko and Bitrman are probably some of the best ways to get it. But a ring mod and filter go a long way toward it.

Lesson learned.

• Members

i went on an absolute binge early this year.

Echoplex em-1 (4 channel ep-3)
Korg SE300 stage echo
moog delay
moog ringmod
moog lo pass filt
moog phaser
moog cp251
barge concepts bb-1
isp decimator
malekko e600bright
catalinbread hyperpak
...and i've got an echolution on the way.

i recently sold the malekko and hyperpak, but not because they were bad--on the contrary--i'd be keeping them, but i had to finance the echolution.

Archived