Pedals-OD, Delay, and Wah (Urgent, Memorial Day Sale)

• Members

Well, I mostly play things like Aerosmith, Stevie Ray Vaughan, ZZ Top, CCR, Santana, and artists such as those and I'm looking to get a few pedals. For an OD, I was thinking a Keeley Modded TS808/TS9. For the delay, I'm looking for something analog, a nice warm, natural delay considering I'm not looking for crazy effects. I was thing of a Keeley Ibanez AD9 or MXR M169 Carbon Copy. And for a wah, something along the lines of a Keeley Vox 87a wah. I've heard a few sound clips, watched a few videos of them, and they all seem pretty good. The music stores around me however don't really have a great stock of pedals, so I haven't been able to try any of them out.

My budget...Well, I'm gonna be saving up for these, but nothing over $300 for each.

• Members

sounds like a good plan to me. tons of classic rock players get by on that stuff everyday.

What do you think about the delay, AD-9 or Carbon Copy? And what do you think about a RMC Picture Wah instead of the Vox?

• Members

I've pretty much decided, a Keeley Tubescreamer, a RMC Picture wah, but I'm still un-decided on the delay. The MXR Carbon Copy has 600ms, the AD-9 only has 300ms, and that will prove useful when I'm playing Pink Floyd-ish stuff. But I've heard from a few that if you turn the Delay past noon, a high-pitched noise appears. If anyone has had experience with the Carbon Copy (and hopefully the AD-9 as well), have you experienced it the noise?

Archived