Advice Needed on Some Delays

zwtyo

• Members

Okay, so I have a Boss DM-3 and a Line 6 DL 4 and I love them both, unfortunately I think I'm going to have to part with one of these two pedals just due to financial needs right now. I know they're both totally different creatures, and the Line 6 has that analog delay modeler, but it's just not the same as owning the real deal. Also I could get another DL 4 in the future. I don't know, I'd like some advice on what someone else would do in this situation.

• Members
dude, i kind of did it when i was younger. i had two 1x8" amps & one 2x10" and put one in every room dimed out when my parents left out of town!
:thu:

Nice! I once connected four different amps to the 4 different outputs on my Headrush in tape delay mode. Placed one in each corner of the room, and one amp sounded clean, another one with tremolo, one with distortion and one with reverb.

It was quite the trouble to do it, but I had a lot of fun.

• Members

maybe replace the dm-3 with the behringer vintage delay. i haven't actually compared the two, but the behringer is amazing for less than 30 bucks

really? i'm totally wary of anything with that behringer name on it. but it is a good suggestion for replacing the dm 3.

• Members

I'd keep the Boss. The Line 6 is more versatile, but also easier to replace later, and I doubt they'll appreciate in value like the older Boss analog delays have.

True I think I'll hold onto the Boss for a while. Unemployment is a pain.

• Members

Trade the DM-3 for a DM-2 , you'll think me later . It's a bit warmer and more collectable especially in the long run .

I know, I've been looking for a DM-2 but I can't seem to locate a decent deal. Do you know anyone willing to trade?

Archived