POG v. HOG

• Members

I didn't have room for the Hog so I got the Pog and it does the organ thing great with perfect tracking. Nice 12 string sounds as well. That is all I have had time to tweek out. No regrets!!!

• Members

I find the higher octaves (+2, +3) on the HOG to be a bit overkill. I haven't really found a use for them yet.

But the tracking, the expression pedal options, the envelope, the filter, and the spectral gate are all fantastic.

My only complaints with the HOG are the inability to assign start and stop points for the expression pedal (like the BOSS PS-3), or to sweep across more than just one octave. Those features would have made the HOG one of the ultimate whammy pitch shifters.

• Members

Everyone that's listened to me play the POG freaks out and can't believe what they are hearing, so it definitely has good organ sound even to the trained ear. The detuned octaves are very important to me and gives your sound almost a shimmering chime effect if set right. I would love to take the HOG for a spin for all the effects it has but I am more a fan of simplicity and the POG is crazy enough for me.

• Members

I had the Hog on my board for about a day and decided to sell it. The organ sound is cool, but that's really all it does. I figured, why make a guitar sound like an organ, why not just get an organ? I agree w/ fenderehxforever, the higher octaves really weren't useful. It's just way too much octave that really didn't sound good before or after Fuzz. I'm more interested in the Octavio or some other minimal Octave pedal that works well with Fuzz.

Archived