post your MI Audio Crunch Box clips!!

• Members

I ordered mine last Sunday and the anxiety is killing me!! I hope it will live up to my expectations. I've been wanting to downsize from my Marshall stacks for a long time but I haven't found a pedal that will give me that tone through a clean combo. I am hoping this will be the one!!

Post clips if you have them... any style is cool!!!

• Members

I LOVE mine!! Especially when I use it with my tubescreamer. It has knocked my Hot british, Zoom Driver 5000, and Seymour Duncan Twin Tube off of my board. Hope you like it!!!! IMHO it's the bomb! Unfortunately, I have no way to post clips though. Sorry!!

Mike

• Members

I LOVE mine!! Especially when I use it with my tubescreamer. It has knocked my Hot british, Zoom Driver 5000, and Seymour Duncan Twin Tube off of my board. Hope you like it!!!! IMHO it's the bomb! Unfortunately, I have no way to post clips though. Sorry!!

Mike

Thanks Mike! I already tried the Hot British and the Twin Tube and I thought they were ok but not good enough for what I want.. so that's good news!!!

• Members

well I got it today and all I can say is this thing is awesome!!!

I am FINALLY getting a convincing Marshall-style distortion out of my Fender Twin. And yes I have a Marshall DSL50 and a JCM900 4500 to A/B it against it.

This pedal TOTALLY lives up to the hype, is really one of the best distortion pedals if not THE best distortion pedal I've ever owned. It sounds like the distortion is coming from the amp.

I can't wait til practice on Saturday to try it with the band, I think I will finally be able to leave the Marshalls at home.

• Members

I should probably get around to making some clips of my gear for threads like this. The CB rocks, but sometimes I have problems with the highs, due to using a bright amp. Definitely designed more for Fender amps, but works well with Vox as well, just have to work the presence knob and tone control a bit more.

• Members

Mike

Do you place your Crunchbox before or after your Tubescreamer? How do you set them?

The Crunchbox is my main distortion, I tried a lot of distortion (Fulltone, Rat 2, Maxon, etc) and it's still my favourite!!

• Members

you could almost run the crunch box at the end to emulate how it would sound through a jcm800 but since certain pedals would be happier in the effects loop, put it after your dirts and before your delays.

I was actually doing that for a while. I am now using it as one of the first things in my chain because it interacts with other pedals really well. Taking the CB into my Zendrive (Set to a very low gain setting) really puts me into almost an EJ type sound. I don't want to say thats what it sounds like, but it fakes it well enough and the sustain is just amazing.

Archived