Thoughts on danelectro reel echo?

I've got one. Good delay pedal. Digital, not analog, but designed to emulate a tape echo. Warble sounds less like tape wow and flutter and more like chorus. 1500 ms max delay time. Delay time slider is slightly hard to dial in for shorter delay times. I never use the SOS on it. The color and graphics are quite good IMO, as is the overall "look". It's solid and well built - I've never had a problem with mine.

It's about to get booted off my board though. Not because I don't like it, but just because it's so darned big, and I need the board real estate for other pedals. I still need two delays (my Diamond Memory Lane isn't going anywhere :D ), so it's being replaced by a Malekko E600B, which is an excellent sounding small format analog delay.

The Reel Echo is a good pedal if you have the room for it. :)

• Members

whoa crazy, i was just scoping Reel Echos on ebay

im thinking abotu picking one up because I want a big rectangle of delay and I can't afford a giga delay or space echo, so i think this will fit the bill too!

yessssssssssss

sell me your phil ;)

• Members

Jeff, what did you switch to? Or are you (GASP!) going without a delay pedal?

Let me see if I can recall correctly: I think it was the Sunny Day Delay, then the H20. I now have the DLS Echo Tap and MXR Carbon Copy. I really wanted the Eventide Time Factor but then read about power/overheating problems. I probably shouldn't have gotten so paranoid about the Eventide but I use delay so sparingly that I just wanted a decent tap-tempo (DLS). The MXR unit was just an impulse buy.

Let me see if I can recall correctly: I think it was the Sunny Day Delay, then the H20. I now have the DLS Echo Tap and MXR Carbon Copy. I really wanted the Eventide Time Factor but then read about power/overheating problems. I probably shouldn't have gotten so paranoid about the Eventide but I use delay so sparingly that I just wanted a decent tap-tempo (DLS). The MXR unit was just an impulse buy.

The DLS seems to get favorable comments, as does the CC. Nice choices. :cool: That's the first I've heard about overheating issues with the TF though :( - do you remember where you heard that? I've got a Modfactor in for review, and so far I really like it, but if there's reports of overheating issues, journalistic integrity requires me to investigate. :o

FWIW, so far, I haven't noticed any heat related issues with the ModFactor. :idk:

• Members
That's the first I've heard about overheating issues with the TF though
:(
- do you remember where you heard that? :

Phil,
I think I remember reading it in a TGP thread. It was probably one or two isolated incidences but for some reason, it was enough to spook me about the purchase. I should have got it anyway, huh?

Phil,

I think I remember reading it in a TGP thread. It was probably one or two isolated incidences but for some reason, it was enough to spook me about the purchase. I should have got it anyway, huh?

I dunno - they seem to be very popular with a lot of people here, so I would have thought we'd have heard about it here too if they had a tendency to overheat. :idk:

I have not really played with the TF (although I did hear it at NAMM and thought it sounded good), but so far, my impressions of the ModFactor are very positive.

Archived