BOOOOOOOOSTS

Univoxer

• Members

I have a Satellite FM-36...(vintage marshall esque, half stack...36 watts, class A)

and I am not stupid I know that a treble booster would do what I want...It would just be nice to get some recommendations because there are SO many.:thu:

• Members

any number of treble boosters.

This is the wrong answer.

Treble boosters don't act like a clean boost at all - you get a ton of upper mid honk and the highs and lows are actually attenuated. They act more like a cocked wah than a clean boost with presence like the Boost n' Buff.

Look at something like an SHO or SCP - those do what you want, not a treble booster.

• Members

Treble boosters don't act like a clean boost at all - you get a ton of upper mid honk and the highs and lows are actually attenuated. They act more like a cocked wah than a clean boost with presence like the Boost n' Buff.

Look at something like an SHO or SCP - those do what you want, not a treble booster.

does the SCP add highs, I know it has that fat switch but I need more highs... basically more presence:love:

• Members

i dont know what treble boosters you have played, but none of the ones ive played through my ac30 sounded like a cocked wah :idk:

• Members

cool just ordered the SCP, Thanks for all the help

If people compare the clarity boost of the SCP to the SHO, you may find that it's not much different from the boost on your BOR. The BOR's boost has a slight clarity increase that results from its buffering activity and some weird "mojo" in the MOSFET stage.

• Members

Every time I see a thread with someone asking about boosts that do this or that, I always end up recommending the same pedal, because it pretty much does all of the things people have been asking for in a boost pedal.

The RC Boost

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

If people compare the clarity boost of the SCP to the SHO, you may find that it's not much different from the boost on your BOR. The BOR's boost has a slight clarity increase that results from its buffering activity and some weird "mojo" in the MOSFET stage.

AWESOME, thats what I was looking to replace...I LOVED the boost but the overdrive was not for me, sounded great though...Thanks for the reassurance.

Archived