• Members

When I did mine I did have to solder to the wah pot which was a bit of a pain. I take about half hour or more to hook up a 3pdt switch. I think start to finish youre looking at more than 20 minutes for sure.

The question you have to ask yourself is do you like your crybaby that much, because a lot of people here will say it's one of the worst wahs. And the bypass is the least of it's flaws.

• Members
When I did mine I did have to solder to the wah pot which was a bit of a pain. I take about half hour or more to hook up a 3pdt switch. I think start to finish youre looking at more than 20 minutes for sure.

The question you have to ask yourself is do you like your crybaby that much, because a lot of people here will say it's one of the worst wahs. And the bypass is the least of it's flaws.

i dont know, em, I dont really use it that much. When it's on i like it so it's fine! but when it's off it suck my tone like linda lovelace :confused:

• Members

For just the TB mod (without any additional mods - buffer removal, tone shaping etc) I'd say it's a bit high, yes. Threading carefully here to avoid crossing the spam line :wave:, but for reference, I usually charge

• Members

i think its a bit much...i did one true bypass, removed the buffer section and added an adjustable vocal pot to mine and it took about 30 minutes and cost about $4 for the switch and pot. if you dont want to add a let to it you dont have to use a 3pdt switch to make it true bypass. google gcb95 mods or stinkfoot mods and you will find some great mods and tutuorials.

• Members

the link above or this one

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/greenfuz/wah.html

are guides which show you how to do them to yourself. pretty easy instructions, no probs at all.

if you don't want or can't do it yourself 45eu is a fair price, its about half an hour work, the switch is something 5-7eu, if you want a led or some other mods maybe some parts more.

i did it myself, added a led, removed the buffer circuit and change a resistor for more gain. it was half an hour work and 10eu on parts i already had at home.

now its complete different and much better beast to me.

still i have the issue that it sucks low end tone when its on together with my phase90 clone, but i can live with it.

either what you do, getting a keeley wah, or a rmc or a fulltone (where all here say those 3 are the best, and all others have same or similar isseus like the gcb95) instead of the gcb95 is more than 4 times of investment.

you can go cheaper if you do it yourself, or are fairly cheap with your local offer, you could also buy a truebypass loop for the wah, but i think its more than 45eu.

cheapest way is doing nothing...

Archived