The Boss RC-2 is BUFFERED, right?

Stacco

• Members

Why don't you put it very last in the signal chain?.. Then you can loop exactly what you, effects included.

On a side note, the RC-2 will work with any generic tap tempo switch, riiight?

But he wants to record a riff and mess around with the effects while the riff plays.

On a side note, yes, it will.

• Members

Yes, it will work with any tap tempo, depending on the polarity.

Also, he probably wants to record a loop and then manipulate it, which would require it being pre-effects.

Exactly. Already got a DL 4 and Im seriously looking at a 2880... But yeah, that's the idea, to record something BONE-DRY and then to process that with effects.

First in my chain is the TBD, and it doesn't like buffers at all, that's got a few things in the feedbackloop(and therein much of the "{censored}about" potential that I want to bring to the fore by looping {censored} first in the chain), after that I've got an HBE Germania, which sounds too shrill after buffering and AFTER that I've got a VHT valvulator.

Of course, the whole point of the Valvulator is to drive long signal chains, but I had to move the TBD and its assortment of slaved pedals along with the Germania to the front to avoid the dreaded BUFFER CASTRATION.

SO, if the RC-2 IS buffered, what do I do? Any unbuffered COMPACT loopers out there???? OR is there any electronic means to "de-buffer" it, ie, swithc it back to high impendance? It all seems awfully complicated.

Thanks for your help!

SIGH!:freak:

• Members

But he wants to record a riff and mess around with the effects while the riff plays.

On a side note, yes, it will.

Whoops!

There are TB loopers you can put it in, then. Check out this site: http://www.loop-master.com/, they have a ton of that stuff and can probably make you anything you need. Or PM forumite dap99 and he could make you something equally as sexy.

• Members

Whoops!

There are TB loopers you can put it in, then. Check out this site:
, they have a ton of that stuff and can probably make you anything you need. Or PM forumite dap99 and he could make you something equally as sexy.

Yeah, I know. Loop master has great prices too, but that wouldnt work, because (bear with me, I know its a bit confusing!) Say I want to play a riff.... then LOOP it with the RC-2, and then STOP PLAYING,... let the loop play and then modify it but turning boxes on and off, twisting knobs like a madman... Even if I had it in a true bypass loop, once activated, the signal would be buffered, so we go back to the problem with some of my pedals.

So yeah, I suppose my question is, can a RC-2 be modded to true byapass, or can the SIGNAL from it be turned back into Hi-impendace?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

What's the conflict between fuzzes and buffered pedals?

SOme fuzz circuits take the loading from the guitar pickups and high impendance into account. The ones I've got that don't get along too well with buffers are the TBD (Buffer kills the oscillation) and the HBE Germania (Buffer makes it sound WAY less sweet). I've also got a Devi Ever Us and a Cherry Pop, but they don't seem to give much of a {censored} whether the signall is buffered or not.

So, anyone got any experience or know any other "impendance matchers"... or, can anyone MOD an RC-2 to make it T/B???????

• Members

in some of tim escobedo's fuzz circuits (google it) he puts a little transformer in front, i guess some how this magically makes them sound better/compatible with buffered pedals or active guitars in front of them. so perhaps a little box with a transformer in it could solve the issue

• Members

in some of tim escobedo's fuzz circuits (google it) he puts a little transformer in front, i guess some how this magically makes them sound better/compatible with buffered pedals or active guitars in front of them. so perhaps a little box with a transformer in it could solve the issue

Make me one, Eric!!!!:eek:

Archived