Most frustrating band you've seen live?

• Members

Who is/was one/some of your favorite bands that have completely dissapointed you when you got to see them live?

For me:

1. Smashing Pumpkins

(seen them twice once and they were horrible. Billy Corgan is completely {censored} if he doesn't have a studio to work in. {censored} singing, {censored} playing, and {censored} tone. Saw them again to hopefully make up for it. Again complete {censored}. Just even more self indulgent {censored}.)

2. Red hot Chili Peppers.

(Not a fave, but a band that sorely fails for me time again in the live department. Anthony Kedis does not deserve to be on the same stage as Flea, Chad, and John. he can literally ruin an entire set that otherwise would be pretty cool.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first time I saw Opeth with their new drummer. He was still pretty new at the time but all the songs were considerably slower and lacked the jazzy feel that Martin Lopez would contribute. I'm seeing them again on Sunday so I hope they're tighter.

• Members

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

I really like their latest album, Baby81, so I was psyched to see them a month or so ago. They played for over 2 hours, 25+songs, but only 5 or 6 from Baby81. It was like they were Radiohead or the Rolling Stones and expected fans wanted a greatest hits package. Maybe they did, but I didn't. I think they played more songs from their first album (which has never been a favorite of mine) than they did from their latest album. I didn't go in expecting to hear mostly songs that were already 6 years old. Plus (and this may not be their fault, there was a last minute venue change), the entire set was oddly quiet, even for the heavy stuff, like all the amps were left on 5 or something. A real letdown.

• Members

I saw the Mars Volta at the Sasquatch festival and I have no idea what was going on.

Yeah..I don't care for The mars Volta. Never seen them in real life, but seen them live plenty on TV. Just OK...really kinda bad, to be honest.

:whisper:is it ok to not like the Mars Volta?

• Members

Showing my age...

Van Halen, three shows in the late 70's. The band was always drunk/stoned. Timing was way off. It was also way too loud. I think the mixer was turning it up so people wouldn't notice how bad it really was.

Blue Oyster Cult, Bone Bash V, 2004. The only band that sucked worse that night was Dokken. Satch and Deep Purple were awesome, though.

Velvet Revolver, Ozzfest 2005 in Albuquerque, NM. First show of the tour where they replaced Iron Maiden (who were booted after dissing Ozzie and Sharon). Matt Sorum was announced as being "sick", so they had someone else filling in on drums. Weiland couldn't hear himself in the monitors, so he was way off time. Slash's guitar was buried under the noise. I was in the third row center, and I couldn't hear him, so I know people in the back couldn't hear him. I saw them at Bill Graham Auditorium in San Francisco a few months before that, and they were WAY better.

Those are the worst shows, but there are others that are borderline...

• Members

For me:

1. Smashing Pumpkins

(seen them twice once and they were horrible. Billy Corgan is completely {censored} if he doesn't have a studio to work in. {censored} singing, {censored} playing, and {censored} tone. Saw them again to hopefully make up for it. Again complete {censored}. Just even more self indulgent {censored}.)

+1 Seen them on their Infinite Sadness tour... Horrible! The tone was so... :mad:

• Members

Well I don't really care for their music in general, but... Circa Survive. A lot of my friends dig em, and I just don't get it.

I disagree. I've seen them 3 times so far and they were great every time.

Edit:My post count looks like Isis, a truely great live band.

• Members

minus the bear.

singer ruined that band for me. i was just plain ign'ant until i saw how much of a studio band they really are.

cant listen to planet of ice w/o hearing how much is compensated for his voice.

• Members

It's alright by me. Basically At The Drive In broke up and formed two mediocre bands that get progressively worse. /my two cents

So true. I've recently gone back and listened to ATDI and realized that was the way it should've been. Such a cool band.

For me...I really enjoy Spoon's albums but saw them live at bonnaroo and it was disappointing. They seemed to have no dynamics live.

• Members

the 2nd time i saw NIN (circa 4-06) they were pretty bad and trent ended the show after only 8-10 songs:mad:. about six months earlier, i saw them and they were amazing.

i saw filter once in the late 90's and they were pretty bad.

• Members

I love the guy, but... Unknown Hinson. He gets so incredibly long-winded with his solos that it often ends up boring the crap out of you before the set is even half-way over.

Same goes for the Smash Pumpkins. Cept, I don't actually like them, I just got dragged along.

The Mars Volta I found to be a fun chaos. But At The Drive-In was much better, definitely. :thu:

• Members

back in the good ol' days when i was into teh br00t4Lz i saw atreyu. horrible throat vocals. sounded like the guy has choking on a hogie and the guitars sounded like a swarm of ravenous honey bees. (pukes). worst live performance ive ever seen. ever.

• Members

the smashing pumpkins

saw them this year. i mean, they were very good live. i nearly cried when they started playing mayonaise. but i still feel like there's something missing without iha and d'arcy.

and they play most of their songs live 1.5~2.0 times faster than studio versions. it really sucks. it loses all the mojo in my opinion.

• Members

My 2 most dissapointing gigs were Metallica and Pantera.

I was really into metal when i was younger and had seen both before and been blown away.

Sadly they declined (metallica still decline now!) and i saw them o ntheir way down. Rubbish!

• Members

Frustrating is a really good way of putting it, it was the exact feeling I had after seeing Tiger Army earlier this year. Im not a huge psychobilly fan, but It's just {censored}house when you see a band and the {censored}ing guitarist has to stop every two songs to retune his guitar because he used the bigsby on it and it wasn;t set up very well. by the end we had just resorted to heckling every time they had to retune. It totally killed the immediacy and feel of the whole thing.

Marilyn Manson also. Again, not his hugest fan, but I thought it would at least have been a decent show. BZZZZT! WRONG AGAIN!

Archived