Help With My Board

• Members

Hey

So this is a somewhat aimless thread, but I'm really interested in getting some input on the current state of my pedalboard because I'm early in the process of building a pretty sweet and elaborate new board with a couple new toys on it as well. I don't have a real specific question, but more a general flow of discussion and some thoughts I'd enjoy insight on. For one thing, normally before the Peachfuzz I have a DOD preamp/drive, but it seems to no longer be working. Since it was so inexpensive, I'm thinking I'll just try to get a new gentle boost OD, and any input on that would be good. Something that would just add a bit of dirt and color to rhythms but not for soloing. I also plan on getting a Small Clone and a 70s Morley Fuzz Wah in place of the Crybaby. Lastly, the stuff on the floor, in front of the wah, was originally separate, but then I realized how much I love the tone of the Big Muff and a fuzz octave BEFORE the wah. So there you go, sort of my extended saga, and I'm just curious as to what you guys think and what might add. Thanks a lot.

boardhalfsizeuw8.th.jpg

• Members

Thanks
Yeah I apologize for the complete lack of direction. I guess I'm mostly looking for an OD that'd be good.
My three main guitars are a standard Strat, thin-line tele, and single-cut large body Ibanez Artcore. Live I play through a Fender Super 210 tube.
In terms of budget, since I'm probably getting a new wah and possibly the Small Clone (good buy you think?) I guess for a simple boost/overdrive I don't wanna spend more than $100.
I appreciate the responses.

• Members
1. New Boost/OD ---> Mirco Amp, Bad Monkey, Boss SD1/OD1

If you like the order of your gear and like how it sounds, go with it man!!

:thu:

+1
the OD-3 is a great pedal as well, check it out
but you can't go wrong with a bad monkey for 50 bucks

the small clone is an awesome pedal.

also, are you planning on keeping your crybaby? because you could use the crybaby after dirt, and your new wah before dirt for some crazy wah sounds...?

• Members

I will second the OD-3. I have a Bad Monkey too - both good. I prefer the BM as a dirty boost, since it has separate bass and treble, and I think the OD-3 is a better all around overdrive. But both are good choices when on a budget. You might also want to look at something like a Catalinbread Hyperpak, which is a dirty boost/overdrive, or even something like their Varioboost, if you have some nice overdrive coming from your amp.

The Small Clone is a good chorus for the $. I have one, but recently replaced it with a DLS Chorus/Vib - and it is definitely a step up in several ways, but it is also more $. But I doubt I will upgrade this chorus ever, or at least for a very long time.

• Members

Thanks for all the input.
I went to my local gear shop today and tried out a bunch of ODs, including the OD-3, but I wasn't feelin it so much. I went with a $50 used Tubescreamer TS-9 instead, and thus far I'm quite happy with that decision. Once I get a bit more cash, I'll go back and buy a Small Clone, but between that and the Morley Wah, I don't think I'll be able to afford anything more elaborate.
The two wah idea is pretty wild, I'd only thought about it a bit but to hear someone else suggest it makes me really think it's something to try.
Also, I'm gonna put an analog clock on my board. If anybody has similarly outlandish suggestions, I'd be very interested. If I'm building this damn thing, I see no reason not to go all out.

boardgtrhalfsizeoe3.th.jpg

• Members

keep them in the order you like to have them in. That being said your order is all over the map.
Use the boss plastic thing that you are using as a "board" as ebay fodder and go get something bigger (you can EASILY build one yourself with a drill and some nails.) with the $$ you get. you will LOVE having everything together .

Archived