best delay strictly for oscillation?

Woody777

• Members

My DD-20 covers pretty much all of my delay needs except it doesn't oscillate. So, what's the best (best as in easiest to make osciallate and gives a nice music sound) delay for this? It should be small and cheap if possible. I LOVE the oscillation sounds at the end of Karma Police by Radiohead. Ibanez DE-7???

• Members

arion sad1/sad3. real analog oscillation

my SAD-3 only oscillates when it wants to... ie: when it's daisy chained. It's odd, 'cause sometimes it will oscillate at any setting and other times I can't get it to oscillate at all :idk:

• Members

My DD-20 covers pretty much all of my delay needs except it doesn't oscillate. So, what's the best (best as in easiest to make osciallate and gives a nice music sound) delay for this? It should be small and cheap if possible. I LOVE the oscillation sounds at the end of Karma Police by Radiohead. Ibanez DE-7???

check out the clip i made of the SIB Mr Echo in my sig. its a digital delay but voiced to be much more analog/tape-ish sound. the repeats have a bit of grain and movement to them - which i personally think is essential for oscillation. the Mr Echo goes into oscillation as soon as you turn the repeat knob past 2 oclock, and you can control it a lot more than the DE-7. plus you have wet dry mix plus level which is very handy indeed.

The DE-7 does oscillate well, but without any tape-echo type movement it just sounds bland in comparison. having said that, i've had great fund running the wet output on my DE-7 through a behringer vibrato and the marshall vibratrem (also a clip on my page).. but i've just found out that the line 6 rotomachine is even better for giving the delays some diirrrty swirl!

• Members

malekko e600.

You can control the oscillations with an expression pedal.

I'd have to second that. The Malekko oscillates beautifully!

I use a PEEP to control the oscillation with. Mucho fun.

Archived