Just got an Ibanez AD-9; Quick Question

jconway

• Members

So I was at my usual GC today and picked up a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe and an Ibanez AD-9. The AD-9 was new but without box so I got it for $120. So I was just playing it, and for some reason the effect can be heard even when it is off. Anyone know why?

• Members

That problem never happened to me...

However, my favourite setting is with delay time and level fully cranked and repeats at 3 o'clock, but it's funny to max the repeats and use very short delays to obtain metallic flanging sounds...also with the repeats quite high you can push the sound into saturation...

• Members

That problem never happened to me...

However, my favourite setting is with delay time and level fully cranked and repeats at 3 o'clock, but it's funny to max the repeats and use very short delays to obtain metallic flanging sounds...also with the repeats quite high you can push the sound into saturation...

Haha sounds neat, I'll have to try that. :p

Anyway I tried messing with the outputs today. I had the cable going from the top output to the amp. I tried the dry out but disabled the effect whether the pedal was off or on, obviously. Should I take it back?

Archived