EliteXC = land of the premature stopages

• Members

anyone else catch this crap on tv? This is a stain on the face of what is MMA. The Lawler fight was stopped prematurely. The dude is ALLOWED 5 minutes to recover from an accidental eye poke. Not 2 minutes into his allowed time, they stop the fight!!! so dumb

and the Kimbo fight.... they're standing toe-toe slugging it out, the other guy gets rocked but is still standing and the ref stops it!!! someones getting some under-the-table pocket change i'm thinking...

EliteXC = CRAP

i'll take UFC and WEC anyday.:wave:

• Members

real MMA is anything but garbage. But EliteXC is catering to an audience that knows nothing about the sport and thinks it's just pro wrestling, but real... Is hockey still on? Thats one sport i don't follow at all.

• Members

EliteXC has to be real disappointed in how that show went down last night. It took an hour to get the first 2 fights in and they only lasted a total of a little over 2 minutes of actual fight time if i remember correctly. The Lawer/Smith stoppage was bull{censored} and ruined what was the best fight of the night.

I understand that Kimbo is a "big name", but why is a title fight not the Main Event?

• Members

premature stoppages are {censored}ing LAME! That's what happens when it's on network TV and not PPV.

that Lawler/Smith fight was the BEST I've ever seen; {censored} that Jersey bitch doctor for stopping the fight!

Until they clean up the presentation in the ring, I'll stick w/ UFC on PPV.

• Members

I was too busy watching hockey, what you should have been doing instead of watching that trailer trash garbage.

Hockey was over by the time the Kimbo fight was on. besides, I was at a bar watching the Sox, NHL finals and the fights at the same time.

And, YES, ELITE XC SUCKS. Their fighters aren't even good! They all look sloppy as hell. I'd like to see Cro Cop high kick the {censored} out of just about any of them.

I understand that Kimbo is a "big name", but why is a title fight not the Main Event?

Title fights aren't even main events in UFC all of the time.

• Members

bro sports. not cool.

i played hockey for 5 years. thats a real {censored}ing sport.

You keep telling yourself that, bud. I'd like to see your ass thrown in the ring with a greco style wrestler and tell them that what they do isn't a sport.

• Members

that Lawler/Smith fight was the BEST I've ever seen; {censored} that Jersey bitch doctor for stopping the fight!

the best you've ever seen? I wouldn't go that far. It was a fun little slugfest, but i could think of 10 other fights right off the bat that blew that one away.

the rest of what you said i agree with though. I get Spike tv and they usually have a free UFC event every couple months plus The Ultimate Fighter series.

• Members

What about Thompson's ear, that thing was ridiculous. I have seen a lot of bad culiflower in MMA but he needed to drain all that fluid out before the fight. As far as Hockey goes, it's a bad ass sport, but if you think it's a more techinical or physical sport than MMA I'd like to give you a hip toss and hammer fist your face you for a few minutes and ask you again. I guess I might be a little pist that the Wild let me down again this year.

• Members

the best you've ever seen? I wouldn't go that far. It was a fun little slugfest, but i could think of 10 other fights right off the bat that blew that one away.

the rest of what you said i agree with though. I get Spike tv and they usually have a free UFC event every couple months plus The Ultimate Fighter series.

OK OK a little hyperbole....the BEST slugfest I've seen

that's the type of slugfest that would've made Penn/Sherk great. It's too bad Sherk didn't know how to punch and defend against the jab.....

Now I really wanna see Wanderlei vs. Shogun since they aren't Chute Box training partners anymore!

• Members

Ya i saw that too and the commentators said that he was just letting the ref know he was ok......:freak:

Also did you notice that when the one commentator asked the others how they'd score it they declined to say.....

Kimbo should go and prosper in a company like WWE and leave MMA alone

• Members

He would excell at K1 I bet. I don't think he actually tried to tap early on, it looked like the ref said something and he gave a thumbs up. I would love to see Kimbo get put in the ring with Fedor, which would show people how bad of a fighter Kimbo really is.

Archived