Who wants a Vexter Woolly Mammoth?

• Members

I dont care about a special paint job that will get all nicked up on my pedal board. But I want a Woolly Mammoth to use with guitar and think a Vexter would be the way to go. Seems like the woolly is very rarely ever for sale used.

• Members

It's an odd pedal. I assume the original designer gets a cut of the sales and that's why it's fairly expensive for what it is. I'm not sure how profitable a vexter version would be for zvex.

Maybe build a clone to make sure it's something you want and then drop the cash on the real thing?

• Members

It's an odd pedal. I assume the original designer gets a cut of the sales and that's why it's fairly expensive for what it is. I'm not sure how profitable a vexter version would be for zvex.

Maybe build a clone to make sure it's something you want and then drop the cash on the real thing?

I like the pedal but big pappy wants cheap.

• Members

Yeah.... IIRC, it's not even an original Vex design. You can clone it ... there are schematics out there for this.

It's a licensed design. I'm the exclusive licensee. For the foreseeable future, it will remain a hand-painted product.

• Members

It's a licensed design. I'm the exclusive licensee. For the foreseeable future, it will remain a hand-painted product.

Ah... I stand corrected (perhaps). In the video though, didn't you say that someone else designed the pedal? I thought that was the case. Either way, do you have a license on a unique Woolly Mammoth design? Or are there just other modifications to a basic design floating around on unmentionable webspace?

• Members

i would love one, but i'm guessing its just not viable. if you think about it guitarists are pretty fuzz orientated - i imagine the fuzz factory probably out-sells all the other zvex pedals combined..

• Members

Ah... I stand corrected (perhaps). In the video though, didn't you say that someone else designed the pedal? I thought that was the case. Either way, do you have a license on a unique Woolly Mammoth design? Or are there just other modifications to a basic design floating around on unmentionable webspace?

Well, you don't have to be the one who creates something in order to own the license for it. Edison, for example, actually invented little on his own, but he had a crack team of inventors on staff and bought other people's designs. He was a great businessman...

(err, I'm not comparing Zvex to Edison by the way!! :lol:)

• Members

i would love one, but i'm guessing its just not viable. if you think about it guitarists are pretty fuzz orientated - i imagine the fuzz factory probably out-sells all the other zvex pedals combined..

The Wooly Mammoth is for bass what the Fuzz Factory is for guitar.

Archived