EHX Octave Multiplexer tone suckage

Jules-RM

• Members

Ever since I've put my big box OM back in the chain I feel like I've lost a bit of clarity when the pedal is off.

I've checked around, and I can't find anyone else complaining about this issue. I don't know if it's my imagination or there is something else going on.

I've been thinking about replacing it with the Foxrox one, because I know that one is true bypass and has a better rep as far as tracking goes. It's a little pricey, but for a warm non digital sounding octave down it's not completely out of the question for me.

• Members

I've found a site that claims the new XO version is true bypass, if so I might just buy a new XO.

my big box one was TB too, it was one of the later ones the the card box.

• Members

yeah, i used to have a card box one and it was tb.

Mine came in the cardboard box. I opened it up... yeah, I've got other issues. It looks like it's TB. I still don't trust the thing. I'll probably just do some experiments with the chain.

• Members

Mine came in the cardboard box. I opened it up... yeah, I've got other issues. It looks like it's TB. I still don't trust the thing. I'll probably just do some experiments with the chain.

It's a bit odd, I never got on with it...I sold it after a couple of weeks of playing around.

• Members
It's a bit odd, I never got on with it...I sold it after a couple of weeks of playing around.

I think it just lacks mojo. ;)

The more I think about it the more I just want to kick the thing off my board. I took it off the first time because I thought it sucked out the highs when bypassed, not much - but enough to annoy me. I'm probably going to go for the Foxrox.

Archived