Skreddys - they all sound great, what to get?

Faldoe

• Members

This is inspired by zygoat's Lunar Module sounds clips.

The pedal sounds great, I've heard great things about the Screwdriver and Mayo of course. So what are the main differences between the three?

The Mayo is the Triangle Muff clone, Lunar Module is a fuzz or sorts and the Screwdriver is boost/od/distortion - going on Skreddy site summaries, or my nit-picking or info.

So does any lucky soul here have all three pedals and can offer a break down of each of the pedals perks. Or anyone hear play all three, or own any one of them want to chime in?

• Members

thanks bro, it's cool that you think that clip sounded good.

I'm going to do a clip this week with all three of those pedals facing off, as soon as the Mayo gets here.

I think the Lunar Module kinda starts off where the Screw Driver ends. When the SD does its fuzz thing, it sounds extremely similar to the LM, to me anyway.

• Members

thanks bro, it's cool that you think that clip sounded good.

I'm going to do a clip this week with all three of those pedals facing off, as soon as the Mayo gets here.

I think the Lunar Module kinda starts off where the Screw Driver ends. When the SD does its fuzz thing, it sounds extremely similar to the LM, to me anyway.

Hey, can you post a link to your Lunar Module samples?

I have a Screwdriver and Pink Flesh and I may have wooden ears but there is some overlap there too. There's a certain Skreddyness Marc imparts on these pedals.

• Members

So are some saying the LM over the SD?

MAJOR GAS

Tough call. Like Zygoat says the SD at the highest gain setting and LM at its lowest sound very similar. They compliment one another perfectly. After playing the LM I think I like it more than the Pink Flesh. Different sounds but I like how well the Lunar Module cuts through.

• Members

I think right off the bat I like the Lunar Module better than the Screw Driver. But I have to wait until my new amp comes in. The one I'm using now is really bright, and the SD is also bright on most settings.

• Members

how would these compare to a Tubezone?

I had a Tube Zone and also own a Top Fuel, Lunar Module and a Pink Flesh. The Tube Zone is vastly different pedal. It doesn't sound similar to any of them (don't know about the Screwdriver though). The TZ is very smooth, "amp like", whatever you want to call it. The Top Fuel is a tight, aggressive distortion.. very cutting. Made for a Strat's bridge pickup. And of course the other two are fuzzes.

Archived