Blind Delay Test

Crxsh

• Members

As promised, a blind delay test featuring the EHX DMM and the MXR Carbon Copy.

You decide ... which is which?

[YOUTUBE]UwswrhmYDRE[/YOUTUBE]

Just to clear up any questions, in all 3 tests Delay 1 is always Delay 1 and Delay 2 is always Delay 2.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

either way i am a little depressed after seeing that(not youre playing crash,its very nice)

but whichever the the MXR is,it doesnt sound like big greeny.Looks like i am still looking at 450$ on ebay for a minty version of my fave delay:cry:

• Members

I vote you should of spent the money on microphones instead of delay pedals.

Ouch!

I have to say that the fidelity does invalidate the test somewhat, because neither delay really sounds like the DMM in my rig. Too much high frequency clipping. The only clip that sounded remotely like my DMM was delay 2 in test 1.

• Members
I'll say DMM 1, CC 2. I was trying to go off of the modulation more than anything.

That's funny, I was keying off the modulation as well, but I came up with the opposite conclusion. :lol:

Oh well. I'm probably wrong. I have a head full of congestion and an earache in my right ear. Not a good recipe for audio fidelity.

• Members

Ouch!

I have to say that the fidelity does invalidate the test somewhat, because neither delay really sounds like the DMM in my rig. Too much high frequency clipping. The only clip that sounded remotely like my DMM was delay 2 in test 1.

This.

Archived