Anyone prefer the DL4 over any other delays including DMM and DD-3?

• Members

I used to own a Dl4 a long while back and loved it, but it crapped out on me so I got a DMM and now have a DD-3 and both sound great. I'm thinking about picking up a Dl4 for a good price, comparing them and then selling what I don't like as much but I'd like some opinions. Its been awhile since I played a Dl4, but to my memory, the Dl4 seemed very warm for a digital delay and was alot more versatile than my DMM. Plus you could save settings and loop. Thanks, Cody

• Members

I like the sound of my DMM alot more than the analog setting of my DL4. I mostly use the DMM for delay and the DL4 for looping unless I need the tap tempo versatility and longer delay times. The presets on the DL4 along with the tap tempo make it a better pedal for live performances because there's literally no tweaking involved and you can change settings on the fly.

• Members

ya I agree. I like my DMM alot but have contemplated getting a dl4 again since I loved the one I used to have... The presets are nice along with the looper but I don't know...My main thing is I don't want it to crap out on me again either.

• Members

I had two DL4s die on me before I gigged much.

replaced them with a boss DD20.

The DL4 just colored the dry signal enough to make me dislike any of the sounds.

the dd-20 doesn't change the original tone AT ALL!!!! no matter what delay mode you're in. also has a much more useful screen cause you can sync with tempo tracks and a subdivision feature so you can tap the tempo of the song but get that dotted 8th note edge/gilmour feel.

Seriously maybe its that I'm spoiled with a tube buffered FX loop, but there's no reason not to own a dd20. It doesn't change my tone in the slightest whether its on of off just gives me whatever delay I want on top of that.

Archived