NDPSVD!!!

Crxsh

• Members

That's right...

New Delay Pedal Showdown Video Day!!!

[YOUTUBE]-G2E7OICDDQ[/YOUTUBE]

I compressed this one quite a bit because the video was kinda long and that meant long waiting times for the YouTube upload. Either way ... enjoy!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After last night, I'd be more than proud to put on a Pens jersey
;)

yeah, I watched it...excellent to see the Penguins make a come back, I was worried that it was going to be a Wings walkover....which as a neutral would have been very boring.

Good luck for the next game, if it goes to 7 it will be a great final game. :thu:

• Members

oh man... don't laugh!!! LOL..... I mean the delays were nice but that Dist./Fuzz really caught my attention! LOL

lol, it just tickled me.......it was like "delays...blah, blah...tell me about FUZZ!!" :lol:

• Members

nice.... .what dist/fuzz was that you were using?

Not only did I say what it was in the clip .... but I also listed all the gear I used in the end credits. :cop:

Anyway, the fuzz you heard was a Skreddy Mayo.

This Skreddy Mayo to be exact:

n161501268_31037840_7320.jpg

• Members

I'll have to finish listening to it later. Small computer speakers suck, so I can't really tell if one is better than the other, only that the Carbon Copy has more delay time. Which one do you like better? WHcih one, if either, will you keep? Why did you get rid of the DLS delay btw?

• Members

I'll have to finish listening to it later. Small computer speakers suck, so I can't really tell if one is better than the other, only that the Carbon Copy has more delay time. Which one do you like better? WHcih one, if either, will you keep? Why did you get rid of the DLS delay btw?

Um... I still want to play with them some more, but right now I still like the DMM over the CC. I mean, both clearly have their advantages, but the DMM sounds better to my ears. It's brighter, and thus, a little stronger in the mix. Perhaps I'm missing the point of analog delay, but I like the brighter tone. Plus, with new XO DMM and the rumors about possible discontinuations... I think I'll hang onto it for awhile. Furthermore, I like the ability to control the modulation a little more than just off/on (I think there might be an internal trimmer for this though). OTOH, for the kind of delay I use, the Carbon Copy is the clear winner based strictly on time. I use a lot of longer delays and such, so ... there's that.

As far as my plans go right now -- I'll probably keep the DMM and sell/trade the Carbon Copy for a DD-7 or something digital w/ tap tempo. I mean, I bought the CC with that plan in mind, so carrying it out doesn't bother me. The DMM was the first analog delay I'd owned, and I wanted to try it against something else -- the CC seemed like a good option.

The EchoTAP was fantastic, but I sold it for a number of reasons:

-Size (It was in a big box. I could get what I need with a Boss-sized pedal -- so I'll move to something smaller.)

-Features (Pretty simple... which was good until I went analog. Now I'd like more.)

-Value (Sold it to a guy in the UK for $200 over eBay ... max value here was $150-ish)

Archived