Crxsh!

• Members

What's worse is I might actually be catching you but I'm waiting to see if my friends get their sh*t together over the summer for a potential rock band = save money and wait and see if I need to buy gig gear or bedroom/studio stuff

• Members
What's worse is I might actually be catching you but I'm waiting to see if my friends get their sh*t together over the summer for a potential rock band = save money and wait and see if I need to buy gig gear or bedroom/studio stuff

Either way you go -- that'll be exciting I'm sure.

New this week:

-Orange Tiny Terror
-Marshall 2x12
-MXR Carbon Copy
-MXR Phase 100
-Pedal Train 2

New last week:

-Vexter Fuzz Factory
-Squier Vintage Modified Tele Thinline
-EHX DMM
-EHX Small Stone
-Behringer Octaver
-Behringer EQ

Holy hell ... that's a complete rig! :eek: I do need to slow down.

• Members
Either way you go -- that'll be exciting I'm sure.

You underestimate my friends. My drummer friend doesnt even own drums, he plays a POS Pulse kit I bought 2 years ago to try and learn on before going to guitar. It's gonna be piecing together the cheapest rig that will work live and will give me Fall of Troy/Similar sounds. :freak:.

Even if I get a bunch of cheap, used stuff for a band, I would almost rather save that money and put it towards one nice home studio amp or a nice Strat. :blah:

Also, I, and most forum members I assume, would rock your rig in an instant :wave:

• Members

Also, I, and most forum members I assume, would rock your rig in an instant
:wave:

Thanks!

Here's what it looks like right now:

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special Faded (GFS Pups), Squier Vintage Modified Tele Thinline

Effects: Zvex Box of Rock, Skreddy Mayo, Catalinbread Semaphore, Ernie Ball VPjr., Crxsh Bxxst, RV-3, DMM, TU-2, Boss RC-2 w/ FS-5U

Off the board: Zvex Fuzz Factory, DOD FX-17, Behringer Octaver, MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe OD, MXR Carbon Copy, MXR Phase 100

Amps: Fender Blues Jr. Custom, Orange Tiny Terror w/ Marshal TSL2000 2x12

Pretty respectable. I'm gonna sell off some of the excess effects and get something new... trying to decide between a Wah Probe & DD-7/SMMH or a TimeFactor ... or maybe something else.

• Members
Ah. No rock bands with teh kiddiez?
:lol:

haha, kinda. id be a little out of place i think.

I can imagine it now if i played gigs with younger kids, all the fans would be little girls...id be the major perve. I think you get the pointz.

• Members
I'm 18, although I do recall you live a bit farther downstate.

I'm only giving my friends a month or 2 anyways before I say screw it and look elsewhere/start my own singer/songwriter/noise project

my bad man...there are alot of young kids here. plus i have short term memory.

Naww...im probably as upstate as you can get.:cop:

• Members

Haha, other direction, my memory is bad too.....oh well, still would be too difficult. I wish we could do some sort of NY amp/effect fest though, but I'm definatly not one to organize that, nor would I have any fun amps to bring (not now anyways).

And FWIW, depending on the music you play around here, it is gonna be a bunch of scene chicks everywhere, although I find myself thinking that might not be a bad thing :confused:

• Members
Haha, other direction, my memory is bad too.....oh well, still would be too difficult. I wish we could do some sort of NY amp/effect fest though, but I'm definatly not one to organize that, nor would I have any fun amps to bring (not now anyways).

And FWIW, depending on the music you play around here, it is gonna be a bunch of scene chicks everywhere, although I find myself thinking that might not be a bad thing
:confused:

Hey im not the man for one night stands but you can "sell out" and just {censored} all the girls in that scene. Doesnt sound too bad to me. There are even some pretty hott emo chicks, so i mean theres gotta be hope for other scene chicks..

• Members

crxsh...off the wall, but do you like the BOR with the thinline?

Hey sorry it took me so long to get back. We had some storms last night and sometime between the time I started your reply and when I hit 'submit' ... we lost our internet connection.

Anyway, the BoR sound pretty good with the thinline actually. I was really surprised at how well that pedal reacted to single coils. The strat I had awhile back really liked the BoR and it seems that the thinline is just as good with it.

• Members
Crxsh, how you liking the fuzz factory?

I've been working on some new {censored} w/ my board but I'm not completely finished yet. Working on some super cereal crazy effects for major booty shakin!

Good question. :thu:

I'm not really sure the Fuzz Factory is for me. I like the basic fuzz sounds, but I'm not really into noisemakers ... and you can make a {censored}load of noise with these. I mean, when I'm looking at fuzz pedals and delays, crazy oscillating is usually the furthest thing from my mind. I think I'm gonna hold onto it for awhile longer, but if something cool came along in a trade offer and someone wanted it, I wouldn't mind letting it go.

Until then though, I'm determined to find some spots for it and give it a thorough workout.

• Members
That was my assesment of the pedal as well.

You should try a nice fuzz face clone. Recently I've been using my Ge Fizz face a lot at shows and practice. Chicks really dig the fuzz.

:lol: Chicks and, strangely enough ... pastors!

I decided to spice things up a bit and kicked in the Mayo a couple weeks back when I was playing at church -- nailed this fat power chord on the end of a song and let it ring for awhile before a slow fade out. I think some of the old people were a little unnerved by it, but the pastor came up to me after the service and told me how cool it was. That said, I think I'll be using the fuzz more often. :)

I'll check into some other fuzzes at some point I'm sure.... but we'll see how long this Factory of Fuzz lasts.

Archived