MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus. Opinions?

Dropsix

• Members

I've posted about this pedal a couple of times, with about as much success as you're having. Few seem to want/have this pedal. I ended up with a DLS Chorus~Vib pedal, and love it. No need for the MXR, sorry.

• Members

I've posted about this pedal a couple of times, with about as much success as you're having. Few seem to want/have this pedal. I ended up with a DLS Chorus~Vib pedal, and love it. No need for the MXR, sorry.

That's what ebay is for :thu:

Thanks for your opinion :D

• Members
That's what ebay is for
:thu:

Thanks for your opinion
:D

Well, fwiw, they do seem to hold their value fairly well. I was put off the original price of $169 - just seemed a little high to me. And nice used ones don't sell for a whole lot less. But if you're patient, you can probably find a deal. I liked the clips I heard of it, the reviews were mixed, whereas the reviews for the DLS were stellar, and I just liked it more. One thing I really liked about the MXR, although i could never hear one in person to verify, but I thought the separate bass and treble on a chorus pedal was a very cool idea.

• Members

I think they're great pedals - I really love the sound. I never use Stereo so only auditioned it mono but loved it anyway. My choice came down to that or a CE-2 and I went with the CE-2 (not suggesting they are similar - just both great sounding choruses imo)

• Members

Well, fwiw, they do seem to hold their value fairly well. I was put off the original price of $169 - just seemed a little high to me. And nice used ones don't sell for a whole lot less. But if you're patient, you can probably find a deal. I liked the clips I heard of it, the reviews were mixed, whereas the reviews for the DLS were stellar, and I just liked it more. One thing I really liked about the MXR, although i could never hear one in person to verify, but I thought the separate bass and treble on a chorus pedal was a very cool idea.

The bass and treble knobs are one of the main reasons I bought it. I like to have a lot of control over stuff (it's my first effect pedal that wasn't a muilifx unit).

• Members

I think they're great pedals - I really love the sound. I never use Stereo so only auditioned it mono but loved it anyway. My choice came down to that or a CE-2 and I went with the CE-2 (not suggesting they are similar - just both great sounding choruses imo)

Thanks for your input. What was it about the CE-2 that made you choose it over the MXR?

• Members
Thanks for your input. What was it about the CE-2 that made you choose it over the MXR?

MXR : +ve : I liked the controls - changes to high and low were fun and you can get all manner of nice sounds from it. It looks cool. -ve It's a bit big. 18v

CE-2 : +ve : Simply not a bad sound in it - spin the dials at random and enjoy :) . Warm non-80s overall sound. -ve : you can't try one in a shop.

When it comes down to it with a footpedal I only ever use them on a single (maybe 2 at a push with between-song tweak) setting - so given that the CE-2's basic sound is slap in the middle of my preferred sound that was the one that I went with (you can hear one here on Stinkfoot's page http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/audio/sounds.htm )

Archived