Help...which delay pedals

jkg

• Members

My DD3 died, stopped working and I'm looking for a pedal to replace it, in fact, I'm looking for 2 pedals, I want one with Tap tempo, and another for just a slap back echo, for solos; right now the stores on town just have (on my budget zone):

Line6 Echo Park

Boss DD6

Danelectro Dan Echo

EH #1

Guyatone MD3

MXR Carbon Copy

Which ones would you choose???

Thanks

• Members

The Carbon Copy would be a great choice for slap-back - I personally found it too dark for longer delay times (that's why I like digital delays), but for shorter times it's a great, simple, analog choice :thu:

Out of the others I'd hit up the Echo Park, althou the DD-7 is getting a lot of love around these parts lately, so if you can stretch to it, it may be a good choice (particularly as you can use a little tap tempo box with it rather than having to hold or w/e on the DD6)

EDIT^ haha, must be psychic :wave:

• Members

The DD6 can use a tap tempo switch???

Or just the DD7???

The echo park is very good, but it boosts slightly the signal when used

The DD-6 only has an internal tap tempo control. The DD-7 can use the internal tap tempo or the tempo can be set by using an external tap tempo switch. I have a DD-6 and would prefer the external tempo capability of the DD-7...plus the DD-7 has 40 sec of loop time, opposed to the 5 or 6 seconds in the DD-6.

• Members

dan echo for slapback + dd7 would probably be cool.
dd3+dd6:thu:
never tried a carbon copy but ive been seeing alot of them in the spam thread lately so that could mean that people arent too satisfied with it. it also means you could probably pick one up for a good price on here and if you dont like it, pass it on.

also consider the DE7.
PB&J isnt too bad if you're trying to save cash.
dd-5. DMM or SMM or SMMH, so many options man.

• Members

+1 for the Echohead value for money and ease of use

DD6 tap tempo is annoying when you don't need delay for the next song in your set and then need it again later on but in a different tempo

DD3 for slap back

• Members

Well, thanks guys.

Look, I'm thinking on spending around 250 bucks maximum, I tried the dan Echo, and it's really good, and cheap ($80 bucks), and the thing with the DD6 is, I don't know if it doesn't accept an external tap tempo switch, does anyone of you knows??

• Members

Well, thanks guys.

Look, I'm thinking on spending around 250 bucks maximum, I tried the dan Echo, and it's really good, and cheap ($80 bucks), and the thing with the DD6 is, I don't know if it doesn't accept an external tap tempo switch, does anyone of you knows??

if you want tap tempo, then dont get a dd-6. get a dd-5 or dd-7

you can also get a dl4 for around 150-200$ and you'll have tap tempo, slapback, long delay, short delay, crazy stuff, and looping. and probably still have enough left over for a dd-3, de-7, or dan echo if you really need 2 delays.

• Members

Well, I went to one of the local stores yesterday and found they started carrying Keeley pedals, so I bought a Modified DD3.....AMAZING!!! GREAT SOUND!!!!

Now I only need a delay with tap tempo....LOL

Archived