OT: Can someone tell me what Obama's platform actually is?

EvilSoup

• Members

Can someone simplify it for me?

is it just random change and hope or is there more going on? :poke:

I'm 18 now, and my friends are voting Ron Paul. My parents are voting Mccain. I don't know who I'm for really.

So it seems there is a lotta love for Obama here, somebody convince me. :wave:

• Members

Most people around here like him simply because he's not McCain with all the nutty religious things he wants to do :wave:

But I think his main points are public health care, ending the war in Iraq, doing something about the emissions and I think I heard something about the schools too.

• Members

Hey boys no disrespect intended but shouldn't these topics be posted in off-topic subforums.

I'm an ozzie and whilst this will have implications, I don't really care. This is the place to discuss effects pedals right?

Just a general rant, there's heaps of election {censored} in these forums right now. I just don't think it deserves to be posted up in an effects/keyboard/guitar/amp/etc section of the forum.

• Members

Hey boys no disrespect intended but shouldn't these topics be posted in off-topic subforums.

I'm an ozzie and whilst this will have implications, I don't really care. This is the place to discuss effects pedals right?

Just a general rant, there's heaps of election {censored} in these forums right now. I just don't think it deserves to be posted up in an effects/keyboard/guitar/amp/etc section of the forum.

I hear you,

but I would look like a retard if I posted this in the political forum. :lol:

• Members

Fastest learning curve generally goes hand in hand with being burnt hey. Just say your 18. I'm 20 and still have NFI about political {censored}! I hear you! haha

Haha. :thu:

You should know though, we hcfx'ers are off topic ~90% of the time. :lol:

Hell I don't even use pedals anymore, I just use the POD and computer software stuff. :)

• Members

Borrowing from the D&D megathread at SA

Here are some resources:

Speeches

Barack Obama is an inspiring orator. Here are some of his best speeches, as determined by us.

Watch here:

Obama's landmark speech on race in American society.

"The profound mistake of Reverend Wright's sermons is not that he spoke about racism in our society. It's that he spoke as if our society was static; as if no progress has been made; as if this country - a country that has made it possible for one of his own members to run for the highest office in the land and build a coalition of white and black; Latino and Asian, rich and poor, young and old -- is still irrevocably bound to a tragic past. But what we know -- what we have seen - is that America can change. That is the true genius of this nation. What we have already achieved gives us hope - the audacity to hope - for what we can and must achieve tomorrow."

• Feb. 5th, 2008 - Super Tuesday

Watch here:

;

"You know I love you back." ;)

• Jan. 26, 2008 - South Carolina Victory

Watch here:

"We are up against decades of bitter partisanship that cause politicians to demonize their opponents instead of coming together to make college affordable or energy cleaner; it's the kind of partisanship where you're not even allowed to say that a Republican had an idea - even if it's one you never agreed with. That kind of politics is bad for our party, it's bad for our country, and this is our chance to end it once and for all.

• Members

I have to dissagree, when the future direction of US politics and to an extent world politics is less important then what dirt pedal you are thinking about buying then we have a problem. If you don't want to talk about it don't post in the thread.

• Members

I have to dissagree, when the future direction of US politics and to an extent world politics is less important then what dirt pedal you are thinking about buying then we have a problem. If you don't want to talk about it don't post in the thread.

Though it's true there is a political forum that I just ignored to post this.

But I gots to show hcfx some lovin' :wave:

• Members

when you have over a thousand posts on harmony central,and none of them are in any other forum but hcfx,that means you post in hcfx.why would we want opinions on politics from people we never talk to in the first place? we dont.

we simply put "OT" in front of the subject and post it here.It is as simple as that

• Members

My music is more important to me than the a competition to see who has to play the face of a country. This has been posted in an effects pedal forum. I didn't say politics wasn't important, I said it should be discussed in a different arena. If strolling down to the effects section of your local music shop and grilling the guy about world politics is your thing, by all means go ahead. :thu:

• Members

Lighten up, no one's making you click the thread. You're in this conversation because you want to be. Phil is an accomplished and capable moderator, I'm sure he'll move it if he sees fit. No need to back-seat moderate.

God forbid we have a break from the endless string of "What's the best _______?"

• Members

when you have over a thousand posts on harmony central,and none of them are in any other forum but hcfx,that means you post in hcfx.why would we want opinions on politics from people we never talk to in the first place? we dont.

we simply put "OT" in front of the subject and post it here.It is as simple as that

If thats how how this forum works, no worries! I'm used to moderated forums where topics like this would be deleted or moved to the polital or offtopic section. Like I said, no disrespect intended. :)

• Members

If thats how how this forum works, no worries! I'm used to moderated forums where topics like this would be deleted or moved to the polital or offtopic section. Like I said, no disrespect intended.
:)

Welcome to the forum btw.

We may be a bit off topic here and there,

but thats because it's a bit like a family here and we usually post whatever is on our minds. Off-topic posts in my opinion can keep a forum alive and form a tighter community.

In time you will understand. :wave:

• Members

Lighten up, no one's making you click the thread. You're in this conversation because you want to be. Phil is an accomplished and capable moderator, I'm sure he'll move it if he sees fit. No need to back-seat moderate.

God forbid we have a break from the endless string of "What's the best _______?"

whats the best OD?

• Members

whats the best OD?

Roland OD44 UR-MOM is raising some eyebrows for its amazing harmonic complexity and ability to go down on everyone

OH BURN

did you see that?

{censored}, I am amazing.

• Members

Well 3 supreme court justices will be up for grabs...

I like Ron Paul but Libertarian politics work in small scales, like around a fire when somebody steals your woolly mammoth burger and you can simply beat that sonabitch with a club.

If it were 2000 and McCain were not a broken man again I would consider him a viable candidate.

Obama is not Kerry. He is not Brand Bush nor Brand Clinton, thats about it. If I have to drink a cola and all I've had was Coke for 30 years I think I'd give Pepsi a shot. Same {censored} different brand.

• Members

You'll forgive me if I don't agree with the "same {censored}" argument
;)

Of course!

But I remember back when Clinton ran on the left and governed on the right. His tone changed for some reason after the election, apparently when Greenspan sat him down and told him his campaign was quaint therefore won't roll out quite that way. Therefore I expect as has been the case since WWII, in regard to foreign policy about ZERO difference between political parties. This is particularly true for McCain and Clinton. And the ONLY way Obama will govern anything remotely progressive is if our population has reached critical mass. Has it? I dunno. I do know he will not have the political capital to do anything different if we haven't.

• Members

I definitely agree that the message of his campaign will only be affirmed if he wins the popular vote. It ought to be a shoe-in after the terrible eight years we've had, so if he doesn't win that will be an effective popular repudiation of - what? Well, probably of a black man trying to run for president, of trying to change politics (even just the message of change), and a reaffirmation of xenophobia (not so much in the rejection of Obama as in the affirmation of McCain). No one has lost out by underestimating the base impetus of the America population, but Obama might prove that we're moving away from that. Or he might not, and if that's the case, my hope for my generation gets an ugly setback with his loss. I worry about those who won't admit in person but will affirm in the polling booth that they are not ready for a black man to be president. Hopefully, most of them wouldn't vote for a Democrat anyway, but the ones I'm really concerned about right now are the lunatic fringe of Hillary Clinton supporters who have been making a lot of noise about leaving the party if Hillary doesn't get the nomination. Voting for McCain over Obama tells me they weren't ever a democrat in the first place, or at least, that they're willing to let prejudice get in the way of their own self-interest. Better an old white republican than a young black man!, they say, and bury us all with their spite.

• Members

Don't get me wrong I hope for all the things you do. I hope the parade is there for Obama to run in front of and proclaim "I am the leader of this parade!"

Brzezinski is Obama's foreign policy advisory. Brzezinski doesn't exactly represent "change" in foreign relations. He's a CFR/National Endowment for Democracy guy. Status quo just a different brand from the PNAC crowd, but still cola.

I definitely agree that the message of his campaign will only be affirmed if he wins the popular vote. It ought to be a shoe-in after the terrible eight years we've had, so if he doesn't win that will be an effective popular repudiation of - what? Well, probably of a black man trying to run for president, of trying to change politics (even just the message of change), and a reaffirmation of xenophobia (not so much in the rejection of Obama as in the affirmation of McCain). No one has lost out by underestimating the base impetus of the America population, but Obama might prove that we're moving away from that. Or he might not, and if that's the case, my hope for my generation gets an ugly setback with his loss. I worry about those who won't admit in person but will affirm in the polling booth that they are not ready for a black man to be president. Hopefully, most of them wouldn't vote for a Democrat anyway, but the ones I'm really concerned about right now are the lunatic fringe of Hillary Clinton supporters who have been making a lot of noise about leaving the party if Hillary doesn't get the nomination. Voting for McCain over Obama tells me they weren't ever a democrat in the first place, or at least, that they're willing to let prejudice get in the way of their own self-interest. Better an old white republican than a young black man!, they say, and bury us all with their spite.

• Members

The British news coverage has very much been in favour of Obama. Although we're well aware that there won't be any drastic change if he gets in the thought of McCain getting in fills many with fear, he's very much seen as another religious nutcase like George W. Gump ... and that's the last thing the world needs.

What has been extremely shocking to me is the idea that some who vote Democrat won't vote for Obama just because he's black and would vote McCain rather than see a black man in power ... it's hard to comprehend.

Archived