Digitech Kurt Cobain Lithium pedal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WAT?!?!?!?!

Is this in addition to the new Chuck Taylors and missing ashes???

srsly, what's w/ all the KC stuff lately? Poor dude - none of this stuff is even cool. Ok, it's kinda cool (in a sick way) that someone stole his ashes. I mean, who does that?

• Members

possibly..?

pro_tone_lithium_chorus.jpg

Pro Tone Intros Lithium Chorus

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pro Tone Lithium chorusPro Tone Pedals has introduced its latest effect pedal, The Lithium Chorus.

The Lithum is modeled after one of the most famous chorus pedals of all time, one made even more popular by late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.

The Lithium has an added depth control giving you more tonal flexibility and allowing lush aural spaces. The Lithium uses hand-picked analog components and incorporates the legendary 4558 op amp from Texas Instruments.

Features:

* Operates on a standard 9 volt battery or optional BOSS style adapter.

* Stomp switch is built to withstand 30,000 stomps.

* Durable aluminum housing with an enamel finish.

* Hand-built Point to Point construction.

* Color-coded LED for easy onstage identification

The Lithium Chorus has a list price of US $189.00.

• Members

he bought most of gear at junk stores and they release a 189.00 pedal to recreate that sound?? he probably didn't have that much in his pedals and guitars all together.

hopefully I am reading this wrong or misunderstanding

• Members

possibly..?

pro_tone_lithium_chorus.jpg
Pro Tone Intros Lithium Chorus

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pro Tone Lithium chorusPro Tone Pedals has introduced its latest effect pedal, The Lithium Chorus.

The Lithum is modeled after one of the most famous chorus pedals of all time, one made even more popular by late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.

The Lithium has an added depth control giving you more tonal flexibility and allowing lush aural spaces. The Lithium uses hand-picked analog components and incorporates the legendary 4558 op amp from Texas Instruments.

Features:

* Operates on a standard 9 volt battery or optional BOSS style adapter.

* Stomp switch is built to withstand 30,000 stomps.

* Durable aluminum housing with an enamel finish.

* Hand-built Point to Point construction.

* Color-coded LED for easy onstage identification

The Lithium Chorus has a list price of US $189.00.

In other words, an overpriced Small Clone clone. And probably shoddily constructed, given their reputation.

• Members

That is really {censored}ing stupid. The shoes are retarded and then they're going to release a pedal named after a anti-depressant he was on/ used (not sure how long) which more than likely {censored}ed with his head more and possibly contributing to his suicide.

• Members

That is really {censored}ing stupid. The shoes are retarded and then they're going to release a pedal named after a anti-depressant he was on/ used (not sure how long) which more than likely {censored}ed with his head more and possibly contributing to his suicide.

I think they were going more for the song title tribute, but point taken.

• Members

And the 4558 is only legendary in reference to its use in a Tube Screamer. Use it somewhere else and it could easily sound worse than some other opamp.

I like the bit about "hand picked" components. Now, if they were "foot picked" I'd be more impressed.

• Members

And the 4558 is only legendary in reference to its use in a Tube Screamer. Use it somewhere else and it could easily sound worse than some other opamp.

Indeed, I'll use tl072 opamps over 4885s anyday, unless I'm specifically looking for lower quality sound (hasn't happened yet)

and of course, we're still talking about components that cost hardly more than a dollar, if that

• Members

to extend the absurdity of this thread.. which 6 sounds would you actually choose if you had to?

..uh

'come as you are' chorus.

'something in the way/All Apologies' acoustic sim

'negative creep' dark fuzz.

'smells like teen spirit' lead sound

ugh.. i give up.. there's not enough signature sounds. lol

Archived