• Members

yeah i would be but i have the old school one

and what about mods

were is the foot pedal jack for the filter sweep

the extra foot switch for brining the filter in and out

an lfo optional for the filter

or even another slider with a slightly more polyphonic fuzz

• Members

it was way too sensitive to my picking, without touching the volume, it could from quieter than the dry signal to 3 times as loud, with what seemed liek normal picking for me, i hated it.

i think you'd be better off buying a wolf computer and some kind of filter, like a moog.

or maybe the newone will fix that...

• Members

I wish the price would go down, but it hasn't. I am hoping to find one on the used market. I actually like the bigger enclosure (same with the memory man). Only pedal I wish was made smaller was the Electric Mistress.

• Members

I bought an old school one used a couple of years ago for a great price. I did my own true bypass/LED mod on it. It's easily one of my favorite pedals (duh). I understand why a lot of guitarists give up on it. It is very glitchy, and it's difficult to tame the trigger and the attack delay because it often only responds to a clean attack. It's very sensitive to anything that comes before it in the signal chain, so I like to put it in front and before compression. As with many of my favorite EHX boxes, I actually like the unpredictability and glitchiness of it. That's part of the charm for me.

I'll be curious to try out how different the XO version is from the original.

• Members

I bought an old school one used a couple of years ago for a great price. I did my own true bypass/LED mod on it. It's easily one of my favorite pedals (duh). I understand why a lot of guitarists give up on it. It is very glitchy, and it's difficult to tame the trigger and the attack delay because it often only responds to a clean attack. It's very sensitive to anything that comes before it in the signal chain, so I like to put it in front and before compression. As with many of my favorite EHX boxes, I actually like the unpredictability and glitchiness of it. That's part of the charm for me.

I'll be curious to try out how different the XO version is from the original.

I like glitchy for sure, but i just didnt dig the micro synth. i like fuzz i like envelop filters, but the synth filter thing didnt warm me (i dont like techno sounds :) ). In the end I gave it up. meh...

• Members

The MicroSynth is definitely suitable for techno and prog. I don't really see an obvious application for shoegazing
;)

I would have thought it would have been perfect for making tuneless noise loops and trying to pass it off as music? :idk:;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived