New Delays Week

• Members
until you want something simple and analog..which you will
:)

I wouldn't be so sure - once upon a time I was happy with my Boss DM-3, and now I've been spoiled with tap tempo, presets and stereo options, you'd have to pay me a lareg sum of money to swap my SMMH or DD-20 for another DM-3.

Digital delays now sound far better than they used to, and analogue simulations have come a long way. I'd take the new Boss Space Echo over an old original Space Echo anyday!

• Members

I'm sure this has been talked about ad naseum, and I'm late to the scene, but is the RE-20 a good sounding pedal, or is mostly for making tons of odd noises? I have an SMMH now, and I think I'll keep it as my main digital delay. I'm going to add a small analog delay soon, maybe the CC or a Malekko delay. But I've been thinking about the RE-20 for a variety of sounds, but I dunno if it's necessary or not. Thinking GIlmour/U2 type stuff, experiemental, ambiet stuff.

• Members

That's a DMM right there.

I know, I'm beginning to think that a DMM is inevitable. I'm waiting on the XO DMM, dunno what that will be. So what sounds does the RE-20 make then?

• Members
Nice delay scores!!! Personally i found the RE20 just meh.... so i bought the real deal again...
:)

As for the dude who wants the gilmour/U2 tones.... deffo a DMM...
:thu:

I'm feeling the same way about the RE-20 at the moment. I was hoping for something that would have more distorted repeats with the high end all the way up. Probably doesn't help that I'm very happy with my SMMwH.

Archived