So you think YOU had a bad day at the office?

• Members

We do not work in an office. The first thing that might happen is, you're going to get your ass restrained, PDQ.

Secondly, our entire work place is videotaped 24/7.

If you were to actually strike another employee, well that would not bode well for you.

You would be fired on the spot.

Punks are history.......................

• Members

We do not work in an office. The first thing that might happen is, you're going to get your ass restrained, PDQ.

Secondly, our entire work place is videotaped 24/7.

If you were to actually strike another employee, well that would not bode well for you.

You would be fired on the spot.

Punks are history.......................

ah the modern world in the us..dont miss it at all....

• Members

ah the modern world in the us..dont miss it at all....

It just so happens that peoples lives depend on our dedication to our work.

Not occasionally, always.

Have a nice flight to Hawaii.

You better hope for the same dedication from the people that you don't even think about.

Fasten Your Seatbelt.

• Members

i love how everybody was just running away. Shows how much conflict resolution skills people have. If someone hit me on the head with what appears to be a laptop, i wouldnt flip {censored} but id be like what the {censored} and restrain the mofo.

Seriously, that could have ended a lot earlier if someone just stepped in and restrained him.

• Members

i love how everybody was just running away. Shows how much conflict resolution skills people have. If someone hit me on the head with what appears to be a laptop, i wouldnt flip {censored} but id be like what the {censored} and restrain the mofo.

Seriously, that could have ended a lot earlier if someone just stepped in and restrained him.

That's not what they teach in conflict-resolution training. If a guy steps in to intervene, he's liable (and very likely) to be fired.

• Members

That's not what they teach in conflict-resolution training. If a guy steps in to intervene, he's liable (and very likely) to be fired.

Ya i know, ive been through that {censored} with my summer job. Think its total bull{censored}.

I mean what if the dude pulled a gun and started to gun people down. I just think its pretty stupid. Also how long does it take security to get there, seemed like an awful long time.

• Members

HR would tell you that everyone in the office should have left the room and let security eventually show up. People staying in the room antagonized the situation and fed his tantrum. Yes, it took security awhile to arrive but they probably don't have lots of guards and they were likely patroling a parking lot for car thieves vs. waiting around the water cooler for a fight to break out. There's a much higher probability for stolen cars than office fights. Where I work (a large semi-conductor firm in Dallas) it's not unusual for 2-3 cars (sometimes more) to get stolen a month at my site alone(!).

• Members
I'd did the desk jockey gig for a while , and made the rent with ease , so I quit , because corpo sticht is for , well simplely put corpo sticklers' , no offense , yet my defense is more offensive .

No offense taken. I've worked for the corp for 26 years and hate their ways, too. That's why I'm back in school for a career change. :wave:

• Members

At least you know your destiny.
:)

Of course. If i was that dude that got hit on the head with a laptop and restrained the dude, couldnt that be some sort of self defense?

He did hit me with a laptop after all...intending to hurt me.

• Members

Of course. If i was that dude that got hit on the head with a laptop and restrained the dude, couldnt that be some sort of self defense?

He did hit me with a laptop after all...intending to hurt me.

It's such a fine line with liability these days.

Do you want preserve your dignity or employment?

The best thing to do: You could remain employed and sue your employer.

• Members

It's such a fine line with liability these days.

Do you want preserve your dignity or employment?

The best thing to do: You could remain employed
and
sue your employer.

ummm interesting. Im not all that familiar with laws regarding to this but how would you go about doing that?

It would be like an accident on the job or something?

or kinda like how people sue doctors for mis diagnosing them?

• Members

ummm interesting. Im not all that familiar with laws regarding to this but how would you go about doing that?

It would be like an accident on the job or something?

You sue on the grounds of your employer not maintaining a safe work environment. I know it sounds crazy but it happens all the time. The corps would much rather let a nut (in this particular case) destroy the office and buy a few new computers (a small expense for a big corp) than face a lawsuit with injuries, damaged reputations, discrimination, etc. That's why corps pay HUGE retainers to attorneys to keep them on the payroll. They're terrified of getting sued. It's expensive and bad public relations.

• Members
You sue on the grounds of your employer not maintaining a safe work environment. I know it sounds crazy but it happens all the time. The corps would much rather let a nut (in this particular case) destroy the office and buy a few new computers (a small expense for a big corp) than face a lawsuit with injuries, damaged reputations, discrimination, etc. That's why corps pay HUGE retainers to attorneys to keep them on the payroll. They're terrified of getting sued.

ahhh...ill have to remember that. See if it comes in handy.:lol:

I agree there are a lot of crazy lawsuits these days. I always laugh when i see people in court suing for mental anguish.:confused:

• Members

Hey , Frankie , lot of people going to come at you with my arrows' made of desire as far away jupiturs sulfur mine / I'v,e had a humming bird and it hummed so loud you'd think you was losin' your' mind , don't buy ?

do you ever post anything people can actually read?

Archived